Register now to get rid of these ads!

3 on the tree

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Phil 41 Chevy, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

Ihave a 64 chevy halfton pickup and looking for anyone that makes new shifter arms for it. This thing gets stuck in between gears so easy. Any help would be great, thanks Phil.

2. dualquadpete

dualquadpete

You likely will have to replace all the bushing in the linkage arms & possibly the column!! When they get worn out it's a nightmare trying to "pick a gear" !! Or take the easy BUTTON & put a floor shift in it!! Problem solved!!!!

3. Phil,

I had the same problem on my 60 Belair when I first got it. It was horrible!!! I replaced all the bushings on the shift levers and there is a adjustment on the column I tweeked a little. It is much better now. SOme of the better parts houses sell the bushings. Todd

4. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

Thanks for the info, will be ordering a floor shifter tonite, but I really like the 3 on the tree .

5. RWENUTS

RWENUTS
    from Nanaimo BC

What are you ordering for a floor shifter?
    Hopefully not a hurst!

6. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

Classic industries has one for 95.00, comes with everything.

7. RWENUTS

RWENUTS
    from Nanaimo BC

Can't find it!
    You got a link or part number?

8. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

classicparts.com part # 91-261, universal floor shifter for a truck. Hope this helps. Phil

9. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

Its 99.99 insted of 95.00, sorry

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ok, you have my interest peaked. Why NOT a Hurst ? Probably no better shifter on the market.:confused:

Don

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you really like the column shifter, maybe you should try to fix it. With some new bushings, etc. you'd have 'er working nicely.

12. RWENUTS

RWENUTS
    from Nanaimo BC

13. RWENUTS

RWENUTS
    from Nanaimo BC

You're right Don. Awesome shifter. Hurst still sells the 3 speed Master shifter. However they and no one else sells the installation kit.
    Just didn't want him wasting his hard earned money.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  14. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

I thought about it but the nobs are wore off the selector and the arms on the column are egged out .

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ok, I got it. The old Hurst SycroLoc 3 speed shifter was just fantastic. The one on my 27 is about 25 years old and I have never even had to replace a bushing in it. Never misses a shift either.

Now, if he wants one of those Mr. Gaskets, I have the exact one you pictured, brand new one in the box I will gladly sell him for $ 20 and UPS charges. But I can't lie, they are not in the same league as the Hursts.

[​IMG]

Don