Register now to get rid of these ads!

my first carson top built for an 1932 roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toxictom, Nov 13, 2012.

1. toxictom

toxictom

Attached Files:

2. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

3. I checked out your Fotki site,,,great detail. HRP

4. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

Nice work and I think you nailed the profile. Maybe it's the camera angle but the top seems kind of flat, like it needs a bit more crown.

5. BISHOP

BISHOP

Thats some nice work.

6. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

7. dad-bud

dad-bud

Great looking top.
    Thanks for sharing

8. alchemy

alchemy

Is it getting painted or upholstered? If painted, probably not really a "Carson" top. But REALLY NICE either way!

9. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Very nice craftsmanship! Congratulations.

I also checked out the other pics at your fotki site. I really love your bomber seats so I was glad to find your album about those. Are they comfortable for long drives?

I'll respectfully add that I got my roadster 'cause I don't need no stinkin' top. Not that your top is stinkin, but it is a top.

10. toxictom

toxictom

these bomber seats are only for good looking;)...
    top is finished....and here are a few more pictures...

Attached Files:

11. raidmagic

raidmagic

Please understand I'm not knocking your work because I couldn't do what you have there but it looks kinda flat to me on top. Great work though.

12. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

Wow--that's a great look.. And, i'll say that the roof looks good with a more flat-aspect.. The car is a "flat" car with regard to the profile of the rear deck--you did good.. I'd say you nailed it..

13. brady1929

brady1929

14. Cerberus

Cerberus

WOW! Over the top! How is the top fastened? Latched? The profile suits the body. The top can make or break a car's look. Love it!

15. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I love it. Nice work.

16. Cerberus

Cerberus

I am really curious about when driving on uneven pavement with a removable hardtop. Will there be any roof slapping on the windshield frame or rear deck? Frames flex on uneven pavement. With a removable hardtop, it seems if adjustable fasteners that are spring loaded are utilized, roof slapping will be absorbed by the preloaded springs, and not occur. I am still fine tuning the fitment of the removable fiberglass hardtop on my avatar, and have acquired various fasteners to hopefully alleviate any occurrence of roof slapping while driving on country roads. Have you driven your '32 with the removable hardtop attached? How was it?

17. Jallopy

Jallopy
    from Sydney

Hey I kinda like the flat roof ....it matches the flat profile of the boot lid.
    Nice.

18. toxictom

toxictom

the deal was: the `32 roadster is the car of a good friend of mine...a few years back,he`s asking for a top..!we did the shape together,but it`s his, so he had 75%...! i had some other stuff to do,so the project is on hold.!..but 3 weeks ago there is a guy from germany who wants exactly this roadster...first question: is there a top for the car???..a call later and we finished the top in 3 days! so the new owner had a top, but have to make splines or somewhat else..! we are not sure whats in his mind for the future...paint,etc..?
    its my first top, i learned a lot,and i did some mistakes...,but i`m ready for the next one...:)

Stogy likes this.
  19. Nice work but where is the Carson top?