Register now to get rid of these ads!

Watch me try to get my Chopped 32 Fordor done before my twins are born!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by satans angel, Nov 15, 2012.

1. That is a kick ass cool 4 door....But I relly like the steering wheel.....That is KILLER.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I too got a 4dr in preparation for my daughter being born. I really wanted to have my whole family with me and now I'll be able to do that!!! However mine won't be nearly as mean looking as I don't have a roof to chop. That thing looks awesome!!!!!!

3. rockfish

rockfish

Congtratulations on the twins. I'm outnumbered 4-1 at home too. Say goodbye to any free time, but you'll never be sorry.
    The '32 is looking great. The work on the chop is fantastic. What are your plans for the drivetrain? Are the fenders going back on?

Oh, can I get get a thin crust pepperoni and onion?:D

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

I am more of a custom guy but I just love a chopped 32 more door, Yarils work is top notch! Looking forward to watching this come together!

5. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Can't wait to see some pics of it all together! Looks good!

6. 117harv

117harv

Wow, congrats all around, the chop, stance and color are ALL spot on...more pics please.

7. Yaril

Yaril

subscribed!!!

8. 343WINDOW

343WINDOW

Car looks great...totally jealous about that steering wheel!!!!

9. v8gasser

v8gasser
    from england

Killer Kool more-door Kar ! lovin` the work !

10. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Can't wait...for the twins that is!!! Haha! Just kidding, I'm excited for the deuce to be done as well. Looking forward to cruising with you and all the girls!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. tinmann

tinmann

not waiting patiently here.............

tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap..................

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. kiwi88

kiwi88

Never a truer word said Raidmagic. i'd swear my daughter was just 5 years old yesterday yet today she's 17.

13. v8gasser

v8gasser
    from england

Then one day ya wake-up.....im 56 ..my " 1st-born " is 35...now ive got 8 grandkids ...all of which have grown up with a hot rod mad DAD.. (500ci`51Anglia,chopped caged,parachute,McCreary`s..+ .a 500ci rail, a 9 str Suburban ,raised 12".... ) gas @ $11..
    and me.....67` Humber Gasser , 85` DeVille daily , and a Daf Daffodil 45ci....they love V8`s......time with them is precious and irreplaceable.

14. olskool34

olskool34

Wow Joe, that car is looking awesome. You have done a killer job on it so far. Keep up the good work!!

15. looks killer so far! I like the color..... can't wait for updates!

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

where'd he go?...hello...

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  17. Any updates? HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. flathead okie

flathead okie

Musta sold it..............:D

19. satans angel

satans angel

No I'm still here. Been busy working, hanging with my wife and kid, and plugging away on the 4dor. I'll post some pics Sunday night. I'll have some time after work then. The body should be in full color next Friday.
    Joe

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

Well, it's certainly nice to know Satan's Angel is bringing twins into this world!

Actually, I have no idea why you're working so much....every small business around here, you never see the owner. He hires 16 years kids to run the place, managed by a 17 year old kid. He's out golfing, profits are high, and the only thing that suffers is the customer and his product.

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Congrats on the twins & you have a 4 door car to haul them around in. Looking forward to see your post on the car & after your little shop monkey's are born.

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

ImageUploadedByTJJ1354365367.554906.jpg Here is my 3.5 year old shop monkey son HJ........He has been helping me in the shop since he was a year old & sitting in the car seat.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

23. satans angel

satans angel

Ya man that's why my dad has always believed if any food goes out to a customer that its gotta touch one of our hands first. I won't give you something that I wouldn't eat myself.

And thanks for the congrats on my twins.

That's rad man your son looks like he really likes hanging with you. my 3 year old is the best. She's my everything. Thanks again for liking my project.

24. satans angel

satans angel

ok ok so i haven't really kept up on this thing but with the 2 holidays, my kid, my knocked up wife, and a super busy business who can blame me. i have been working on the thing though and am finally gonna put some more pics up. hope you guys llike them.

25. satans angel

satans angel

[​IMG]

ok so before i get to some pics of my frame i figured i'd post a pic of this. its a super early frame with the built into the k-member pedal box. i thought it was pretty cool. im going to be running one of those early V8 garage hydralic conversions so i can keep all this rear stuff intact.

[​IMG]

so heres a pic of the frame set up. got a set of those killer rear x legs that bolt right up to a stock 32 kmember from Industrial Chassis Inc. things are bad ass. running a set of 36 rear bones. i still gotta rebuild my rear and intall the 40 brakes. got a full set hubs to backing plates off of a restored car that was getting converted to disk. there were 2 small xtra holes in the frame that i patched and now its slicked up for the most part. one or two more coats of high build and some wet sanding and she'll be in color.

[​IMG]

back shot. looks alot bifferent now just dont got no pics yet.

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. satans angel

satans angel

heres a pic of the worker i picked up from day lobor to help with sanding. haha.
    [​IMG]

heres the body after all the hard work and sanding and priming and sanding and priming pre paint.

[​IMG]

back window shot

[​IMG]

and something else i gotta brag about. ive always wanted one and finally found one so im running this behind it all. Original 32 rear spreader bar with luggage rack tabs and original paint.

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm sending Vinny and Guido over to make you an offer you can't refuse for that rear spreader bar...

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  28. swissmike

swissmike

Love the color and body treatment. Can't wait to see more.

29. satans angel

satans angel

so now before i get into the pics of the body in color i wanna give some credit where credit is do. i guess thats my ADD kicking in. start in the middle of the build, jump all the way back to the inspiration/begining, then back to the end.

so this fordor belongs to my buddy Cleen Rock One. I've always loved it and its what motivated me to build my car the way i'm building it.
    [​IMG]

and before the fordor i was building an a roadster slowly but surely and then i had my first kid so the roadster got sold and i went on the hunt for this second fordor. but the car that i always loved and that was inspiring my a build had to be a part of my fordor. on my first trip out to california for the GNRS i got to see this car and fell in love with it. Matt Winter built this killer little roadster. i loved everything about it color, stance, everything. so in a way ive been taking small bits from it as well.

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. satans angel

satans angel

soooooooooooooooo here it is the body fresh out of the booth. ill have more pics of the doors in the days to come. prepping them to go in on tuesday or so. the weather is really wet here in florida.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

volvobrynk and kiwijeff like this.