Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rick Bales heart attack,193257 on the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by basicbob, Oct 31, 2012.

1. guitard

guitard

Sounds like he's already blessed with all the love & support, so I send prayers of strength & patience.

2. basicbob

basicbob

Hello, Friday afternoon Rick was released from the hospital. He was transported by ambulance to a rehab center to work on his strength, currently he is tired in a 40/50' walk.

Rick is now on solid food & can drink on his own.

This will be a new frontier to conquer but Rick will get it done.

He still is without visitors until further notice.

Be stong Rick!!!!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. hemifarris

hemifarris

Hi Rick,
    I had a quadruple bypass several years ago. The most important thing is follow your re-hab, even though it will seem to sometimes wear you out. Your a great guy with a lot more to add to our hobby. My best of luck to you and your recovery.
    Take care......Mike Farris

4. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

Prayers & healing thoughts go out to Rick & his loved ones. All the best on the journey ahead.

5. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Keep it up, Rick! My dad had a quintuple bypass and was on Power Tour 2 months later. That was in 99, and he's still Rollin.

6. sololobo

sololobo

Healing vibes going out to Rick from Omaha Hambers.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))~sololobo~

7. Framewelder

Framewelder

Prayers to Rick and Family. Get well soon!!!!

8. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Been there, done that. Hope for a speedy recovery, just be patient and do all excercises. It's funny how a surgery can drain all strength out of a man.

9. basicbob

basicbob

Rick will head home from rehab as early as Friday. Still has a long hill to climb but Rick will get stronger each day. His wife Karen (strong gal!!) will help Push Rick each day at home. Only one week ago 50' wore hime out, now he is at 150' plus working on stairs each day.
    The one great thing Rick has going for him he is a bone head like the rest of us, this might be a setback but Rick will get past this.

Rick has already called me to ask how his steel 1932 Ford full fendered 3 window is progressing. Switched over from automatic to Tremec 5 speed & yanked out his 9" ford rear end with coilovers for crossleaf holding a new Winters V-8 quickchange.

Rick will thank each & everyone in time. He was overwelmed last week when he looked at his email account with 540 inbox messages. He loves the cards.

Bob

10. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Sending positive vibes and prayers for him and his family...

11. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Hey Ricky,

Keep doing all the right stuff the Dr tell you to do and we hope to see you soon.
    Call us when you want some company or when you can stand me? HA!!! Kidding

12. Shovel96

Shovel96

My Prayers with Rick and his family. Hope to get to meet him this summer.

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Rick, great to hear you'll be heading home soon!!

14. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Right on Rick! Keep walk in' baby!

15. All the best to you, Rick - our prayers and well wishes to you and your family as you fight your way back!

16. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Glad to hear you are back home and headed in the right direction. It may be awhile before you can drive your hot rod but you can dream about it while recovering. I am praying for you everyday.

17. 193257

Hello everyone. Yes its me. made it home on friday 11\30\12 and man does it feeel goood. Don't know how to start this but I will try. First off only 16 out of 100 people make it to where I am now. I am a very fortuneate and blessed man. I now live with a heart pump.The same one that VP Dick Cheny has. During the day I have battery packs that I wear and at night I have to teather up to a power module in my house. I have to be hooked up to power 24\7 to keep the pump going. I've already accepted it and am ready to move forward. Like I said I am very blessed. I can remember them shocking me 4 times and they usually stop there if they cant revive the person but later learned they ended up shocking me 9 times. ( i'm glad I don't remember the last 5). Any way enough about me.

It is very very overwhelming and I don't really know how to start thanking people that have posted on here. ( but thank you very much).I don't even know some of you but am very thankful for your prayers and concerns. I feel like I owe everyone something.It's amazing the power of the HAMB. Thank you all so very very much and let's move forward. Rick Bales

18. shadams

shadams

Great to hear, sorry you have to deal with all that hardware, but hey, now you know how a car feels! Anyway, glad you are back in action. Take care!

19. brady1929

brady1929

prayers sent and may god bless you

20. ravedodger

ravedodger

It's good to see you're doing better. Thanks for posting!

21. 55chevr

55chevr

We are all pulling for you and a speedy and full recovery ....

22. Glad to hear youre doing better. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

23. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Rock On Rick , glad to read your on the road to recovery , enjoy your Deuce :)

24. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Way to go Rick, hang in there buddy !!!!!

25. basicbob

basicbob

Rick, all of the H.A.M.B. enjoy the news you have escaped the hospital/rehab!!!!

When we talked Saturday I really enjoyed the comfort you found just walking outside, in our rat race life most people miss many of life's simple pleasures.

Your buddy,Bob

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  26. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

I've known Rick since the seventies and he is a great guy...My prayers are with you buddy and from what I've read, you may have this thing whipped...certainly hope so!! Thanks to my other buddy Bob for keeping us all posted on Rick's progress...Joe Klinkhardt

27. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Visited with Rick at the Lonestar Roundup last week and seems to be doing GREAT!! This is truly a miracle from God considering how close to death he came...Good to see you out and around and in good spirits ole friend....Joe

28. 55yak

55yak

Don't know you Rick, but prayers from Southern Oregon to you and family!

55yak

29. fleet-master

fleet-master

good to hear Rick is doin well on the road to full health. Cardiac surgery is a major thing when they porter power ya chest open. I thank God for all medical people,not
    the least surgeons!
    I for one look forward to reading more of your posts Rick. Enjoy your updates on Jimmy Hervatins work

30. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Prayers from Rowlett, TX.