Register now to get rid of these ads!

Would you buy back you're first car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell de Moor, Nov 14, 2012.

1. In a NEW YORK MINUTE!
    My first ride was a 31 Ford tudor - pretty much an origianl car. What was I thinking??

2. 52ragtop

52ragtop
    from Nebraska

Well it wasn't my first car but it was my second.. 52 Merc Convertible.
    20 years ago quiet by accident I found out how rare they are. (49 left registered in the USA)
    This last summer I bought the second 52 Merc convertible I have ever seen.

Pretty sure the grand kids can fight over it..

First car was a 50 Merc coupe,, get this one finished it might be the second one I go after,, Or possible the 3rd '52 Merc Convertible I have ever seen... :)

3. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

Hell yes i would buy it back (if the guy had not of crashed it!) '66 Ford Fairlane 2-door post car (428 fat block!).:D

4. rogerfurgason

rogerfurgason
    from britton mi

65 plymouth satellite hardtop. still have dreams about that car.

5. jimbousman

jimbousman

I don't have to.. i still own it. 1931 Ford Coupe. I own my second car too. 1941 Ford Sedan Delivery.

6. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

My first car is sitting in my garage as I write this.
    I bought a brand new 1972 Formula Firebird, I was 18!
    My wife and I dated in that car, went on our honeymoon, brought the kids home from the hospital, and many more milestones in our lives!
    It now has 52,183 miles on it it still looks great and it will be with us until I am gone. I wll give it to my kids and hope it stays with one of them for a good long time!
    40 years so far and I hope many more to go!
    KK

7. Chris F100

Chris F100

Yes in a heartbeat. 17 years old in 65 and got a 1959 Ford Fairlane 500 Convertible - 352 with 2 barrell, auto trans and a spotlight. Baby moons and white barrell headrests from JC Whitney!!!

8. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Oh come on now, THAT'S funny...:D

9. Yes, in a heart beat!! But I think everybody here already knew that. It's an ocean away, and Mr. Hill is very happy being the current care taker.

[​IMG]

10. 34Flatty

34Flatty

navy blue 85 Ford Tempo...no thanks. (In my defense it was given to me free because of a bad tranny...put a new salvage tranny in it and that one died about 6 months down the road. POS)I was born a couple decades too late to have a "cool" first car. But you can bet I caught on quick as to what a good car is. I have two beauties in the garage.

11. XERB

XERB

I paid $250 for my first car, he was asking $300, his asshole brother bought her new back in September of 57, that's when you got your new model, brand new she was, had the smell of a brand new car and that's just about the finest smell in the world, cept maybe for pus....hang on, that wasn't me, damn!

12. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

Yea, no kiddin! Nice car! what were you thinking!

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell yeah I would buy it back!! My old 38 Coupe was my first car.

My father built it back when I was still crawling around the floor. I bought it from him not long after I joined the Army, It was not often you saw a bright red Hot Rod cruising around Holsworthy Army Base.
    Man did I do some miles in that car, Melb-Syd-Bris-Perth, Only went to Perth and back once but the rest were done numerous times every year!
    The car has been around since the early 70s and was joy to drive. Only ever broke down once, did a wheel bearing in Woolongong.

I gave the car back to my Parents a few years ago, It didn't seem right that they didn't have a Hot Rod, after all I learned all this car love from them!

Doc.

14. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

My first car was a 1959 Studebaker Lark and I never thought once of wanting that smoking beast back. Now my second car was a 56 Ford Victoria with only 32K miles that I bought for $75. I still have a soft spot for 56 Fords and Fords in general. I would take that one back for sure.

15. Hell NO ! It was a 65 Bel Air 4 door with a 6cyl/Powerglide. Attempted to put new rod bearings in it without pulling the engine. Promptly blew it up upon starting it and threw a rod out through the side of the block. Drove it to the local junkyard a mile away with a hole in it and hammering away and got back the $25 I had paid for it. I was 15.

16. 1978 Datsun 210 Field Car....nope.

But we had some ridiculous "baja" fun in that car until we finished off the rusty floor boards bottoming it out in a mud hole.

17. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Well my first car was given to me a more door 56 Ford so I dont really want that one back. But the first one I bought with my own $$, a 56 Meteor Crown Vic I would buy back. I'm sure it was crushed & was part of a washing machine or something.

One thing I dont get was parents selling their kids car when they were shipped to Nam. My folks parked my 63 Ford (406 4sp) all the time I was gone although my old man hated the car.

18. Butch11443

Butch11443

Had a 49 Hudson Commodore for first car. Was nosed decked and shaved except for door handle. Would buy it back in a second, but think it's part of something else now. Was over 50 years ago.
    Butch

19. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

if I sold it .... yes

20. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Nope!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. rickkane

rickkane

Mine was a 64 Fairlane. Bought it off of a friends sister. Found over 200 condoms (unused) in the glovebox. It's probably a Thunderbolt clone now. But I would buy it back.

22. Still building my first car :)

Kjell Elias
    17 years old ;)

23. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Dad gave me my first car when I was 14, It was a 1956 Ford Mainline 2 door sedan. I still own it 41 years later. I also still own my second car that I bought when I was 16, it's a 55 Ford.

24. dmikulec

dmikulec

1963 Plymouth Belvedere longroof. Haven't seen it since 1979 when it was up in Erie, Pa. Hell yeah I'd buy it back. Even if the price was double what I paid for it... $75.

25. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

In Sweden we got a-tractor and epa-tractor which you can drive on tractorlicense when you are 16 and is a great way to get into cars! The only catch is the car is only allowed to carry one passenger and go no faster than 30 kmh(yeah right)..

I had a Volvo duett which went through a few phases and if I had the chance to buy it back I would buy it and registrate it as a car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But my first real car? Nope, a -86 Volvo 740

26. TxRat

TxRat

Absolutely not!!!! I would have to sell it first.

I will however be giving to this guy one day..

[​IMG]

27. Not my first car, no...but my first hotrod, yeah. I wish I had never let go of my first '28 ford roadster pickup. I sold it to Randy Canarozzi up in Northern California when I was down on my luck. I never finished it the way i'd envisioned it t be, and now its gonna be hard to duplicate the effort.....but I have begun to do just that. I assume its long gone, parted out, vanished.....I never heard or saw of it again. So.....I'm gonna build it back. But even better.

28. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

yes 57 ford 2dr custom 406 4speed dad sold it for 100 when I went in the navy in 65.

29. Tony

Tony

IF i had sold it i'm sure i would have been looking for it by now..so yep, i'd buy it back..
    Thankfully, i've kept it. 24 years this month.
    Goofy looking me with it the day we brought it home..

Tony

Attached Files:

30. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

My first car was a 51 Ford that I fixed up and traded for my 33 before I ever had it on the street... finally finished the 33 and thank goodness I was into old style hot rods cause I never had to go back & make changes over the past 40 years... just paint touch-up & tires... a little worn around the edges but it adds charactor

[​IMG]