Register now to get rid of these ads!

hot rod history On Search & Restore on Spike TV this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodbuilder, Nov 15, 2012.

1. ryno

ryno

So far so good. Kinda monster garage style. I dig.

2. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

thanks, real custom building going on, chopping, custom lights, bumpers

3. So far pretty damn good! Very nice chop, vent windows, rounded corners, Zephyr tail lights.... very cool!

Oh and did anyone catch where the trunk release is? Another very cool touch.

4. Tacson

Tacson

The upholsterer Krist Kustoms is next up. They are from my hometown Fort Wayne, In :). I like the detail on the builders they provide without all the drama or made up "thefts"

5. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

nod to custom legend, Larry Watson!

6. von zipper

von zipper

You guys need to help the "SanDiegoHighwayMan" here on the HAMB!! It would be a great story!

7. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I thought it was cool seeing Voodoo Larry on the show!! I think the Hudson looks bad ass!!! We need more car shows that build custom cars!!! Hope to see more builds like this!!!

8. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

Thanks, I worked hard and did a ton of cororate meeting to be able to convince them to let me build a team to build a sled, hopefully they like the results, I could not be happier bringing sleds to major TV , good show, no fake screaming drama, thanks for tuning in everybody

9. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I think you got the name for the show "Sleds"!!!! How awesome would that be if you got to start a custom car show!!! I really like your show!!! I think that is awesome how all you guys give back to deserving people!!! Keep up the good work!!!

-Mike

10. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

Awesome Tucker history!

11. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I am not seeing this on the guide??? Anyone else not getting it?

12. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

Its about done now, it will re run tomorrow morning. 8 AM central time on Spike got frineds watching in Tulsa right now Tulsa guy...

13. Yea, it's wild to see the grandsons of Preston himself. Did anyone catch that they LLC'ed the company/family name? That's not only interesting but very cool too. Another, "something I didn't know" thing!

14. That's because you're livin' on Tulsa time! :D

15. 3onthetree

3onthetree

Great show, great talent. No fluff or b.s. This is what the hobby is all about. Once again great job. I will be looking forward for future episodes.

16. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

Thanks everybody, if you missed it, it re runs tomorrow 8 AM on SPike TV, make sure everybody you know tunes in, to make sure a custom on TV gets good ratings so more could be done in future

17. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

dvr set Thanks

18. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Awesome show. Good to see a show about what your trying to do without all the drama queen stuff. Added bonus with the Hudson & Tucker history & background of some of the builders.

19. BruceT

BruceT
    from Abbotsford

loved it great show,good work!

20. Vigsters

Vigsters
    BANNED
    from Folsom, Ca

Just watched it, great job...! Beautiful Car

21. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

9am to 11am Sunday here on cox cable in CT..

22. jdubbya

jdubbya

Pretty neat to see a build with local ties, and it turned out great. I am sure I will see the car cruising the town next season, it will be great to see, there are so many details that get missed on cars, until you see them in person.
    I liked the mention of Dave Auten Jr. at the beginning of the show. Dave is a real talented guy, that has done some killer cars.

23. Yea I wouldn't miss it if I were you. This was a well done build. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow.

24. von zipper

von zipper

A home run!!! Great job! No B.S.!!

25. old me

old me
    from Iowa

Many thanks to Tim and all the people that are involved in getting this series on tv!
    It really focuses on the build, rather than the drama bs-hope there are more episodes to come in the future!

26. Butch11443

Butch11443

Thanks to all on the show. Was a good build with no BS.
    Butch

27. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Hands down, this was the best of the S&R series so far. Great to see a true custom of a marque that is seldom shown ... I'm damn tired of pro-this and that A-bodies! And the truck release was a great touch. Although I'm not a great fan of blue cars, this was a great total package ... congrats to all involved.

28. dmikulec

dmikulec

Way cool. Awesome build too. Congrats to all involved. Gotta watch the re-run tomorrow!

29. chubbie

chubbie

great job rodbuilder! it was on, i watched it out of the corner of my eye, sure that it would soon be covered in billit,and 22" wheels and a 3tone paint job. these shows use all the latest and greatest available parts. just like a rolling advertisement.
    drama? how about a guy thet fakes a heart attack?? obviously the TV viewers love this shit.. thanks for keeping it real!

30. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

Thanks everybody, if you missed it you can catch it Sunday at 8 AM central