Register now to get rid of these ads!

Norm grabowski 1933-2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FLAT-TOP BOB, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Mickey One

Mickey One

R.I.P. Norm.I loved seeing Kookies "T" on TV as a kid.

2. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Norm Grabowski's impact on the hot rod community through his personality, character and creativity can be measured in a small degree by the messages posted on this thread ... nearly 500 posts without a single snarky or demeaning comment among them. The rest of us should be so lucky to be so beloved and make such a positive impression on others.

Norm, you will be missed by all who knew you.

3. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

God ,please take care of him now, Rest in peace, Buddy. My Idol

4. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

RIP Norm...

5. Boyito

Boyito
    from Tx

I just found out today, my stomach dropped. He loved to joke. RIP

6. The Rod God

The Rod God

Greetings, this is Mary....Just want to say THANK YOU for all the wonderful comments, photos and thoughts for my Uncle Norm. For those of you who are interested in coming to his Memorial or would like to make a donation to his Memorial or upcoming Norm Grabowski Legacy Car Show, please contact us at [email protected] and we will forward you the details. The Memorial Service is set for November 3, 2012 around 11:00 am at the Diamond Hills Country Club in the Lead Hill, Arkansas area. Closest Airport is Branson, MO. I am posting this as we need to know how many people plan on coming so we can accommodate everyone. Norm also has a Facebook page set up (with this same avitar/photo) and you can contact us there as well. These are the only two valid e-mail addresses that are set up for Norm at this time and link to his family. You can also still contact us through Norm's phone number. We look forward to meeting those who come out to share in the extended journey of Norm Grabowski. And Thank You for being an integral part of his life and legacy.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  7. 40fordconv

40fordconv

Will attend Memorial Services.
    Two people.

8. 17dodgebros

17dodgebros

9. I count myself increadibly fortunate to have met Norm at the Nats a few years back and he immediately treated me as a longtime friend, told me "your hair looks funny".
    He will be missed

Attached Files:

10. Man that sucks, ive been away from the computer for quite a while and have just heard this terrible news. Norm you have been my hero for quite some time and im so saddened to hear of your passing.
    Thanks so much for all your contributions to rodding, Your an absolute legend and are going to leave a massive gap in the rodding community.

11. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Talked to Mary and her husband the other night. They were so very compllimentary about how all here at the H.A.M.B. have been so wonderful throughout Norm's illness & his passing away.

I know he's up there telling some of his fantastic stories & swapping stories with Elden Titus, Dick Dean, Boyd Coddington, "Little" John Butera, Bill Cushenberry, Larry Watson, Manuel Arteche', Sam Barris, Ed "Big Daddy" Roth, Larry Alexander, Barry Lobeck, Neil Emory, Joe Wilhelm, and the rest .

Again, R.I.P., Norm...and thanks for making my life better by knowing you.

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

12. von Dyck

von Dyck

Norm will be sorely missed by numerous Canadians who have met him and have fond memories of him - I being one of them.

13. kscuda

kscuda
    from olathe, ks

14. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

Met him only once at a asra reunion in Mississippi , he was a great dude.

15. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was at a monthly Cruise-In outside Cassville, MO in early Spring this year. A lady was checking out my Dad's car. She said this was her first time to come out...she hadn't known about it until she just happened to be driving by. She worked at a local retirement home and said one of her patience, Norm would have loved to have seen these cars.

She said he talked a lot about old cars and cars he had built. She said the way he talked, he must have been pretty famous. I said what was his name. She said Norm Grabowski. I just about threw up. I had know idea he had been so close to us at the end of his run. It made me physically sick to know that I had a chance to say goodbye to a legend and missed the opportunity.

I had interviewed Norm years before on a motorsports radio show. He was hilarious. He forgot more about street rodding then most people will ever know. Just wanted to ad my RIP to this old post. Thanks Norm for all the memories.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  16. chromeazone

chromeazone

Interesting how this thread just popped up. I watch a lot of old movies on Turner Classics and it is amazing how many movies Norm was in. I know about the Beach Party movies but he was in many others! A friend of mine and I were in a nightclub/bar up on Sunset Blvd in the '60's and he recognized Norm and yelled his name. I thought "How would Fred know anybody with that kind of polak name"? Norm was right on and we had a great conversation. Fred brought me up to speed later about Kookie Tee, etc.

RIP Norm!

17. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

It is interesting how this thread just popped up. Because last Tuesday I just sold my Kookie Kar to a friend of Norms in Nashville TN. I have been thinking about Normie Poo ever since. Then tonight I come on here and here he is .I think he's watching over us.RIP ol' buddy!

18. wicarnut

wicarnut

RIP...His T-bucket "Kookies car" was Iconic, huge influnence on the Hot Rod world. John

19. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Yall do realize today 10-12-13 is the first anniversary of our ole buddy Norm's passing...I miss him sorely....RIP ole friend....Joe

Attached Files:

20. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

We miss you buddy.

Doc.

21. aircap

aircap

Normie-poo is gone. Alas.
    We will never know his like again.

22. markluco

markluco
    from NE Phoenix

We all know he did 77 Sunset Strip. And didn't he have a spot on an old Ozzie & Harriet episode?
    So I'm watching Batman, from ~1966, on METV last evening (yes, I have no life) - it's a two-parter, with Special Guest Villain Van Johnson as the Minstrel. The Minstrel's henchmen are named Bass and Treble - if you are at all familiar with Batman, the names make perfect sense. And the end credits say that "Bass" was played by "Norman Grabowski."
    REALLY??? There can't have been too many people with that name. I never recognized him in the henchman outfit. And there were no cars at all in this episode, except for the Batmobile. (Although the Joker did drive the ZZR in a different episode.)
    Did he just do this acting stuff for fun? What else did he show up in?

23. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Ditto that Doc! .......Joe

24. 343w

343w

I met Norm at the 1980 Nats South @ Winston-Salem too, he brought the "Henway" to the event. Norm was the kind of guy that treated you like he knew you for years the first time you met. He is missed and the sport will never be the same without him. There should be hot rods in heaven with Norm there!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013