Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Flat FED build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by roseville carl, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Methinks this ain't the first time you've resorted to this cobble, Sir ....... :D

he says with a smile!!!

No Ol 6 it just takes me longer now...........<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

It looks nice& tall:D!

I have not taken my C4 appart, but hope it is as the previous owner stated, a race tranny!!:)
    The only thing i know is that it's a manually shifted reversed and with a transbrake!

Taildragger&fenderless

3. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Looks good Carl! I'll be home this coming weekend and get the blower parts to you!

You need a tri-power setup on that bad boy!:D

4. What I need is a Hilborn two port...........
    but maybe I can make my own.........

thanx for the offer!!!........

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Love It, you may have to drive with mirrors tho :D

6. maybe I can get my hands on a tank periscope???

7. Carl, think Ford Ranger 3.0. I have an old throttle body off one that would work great matched up to another. It's yours if you want to 'spearmint.

8. sounds good Trent might try it!!!

9. Well got the front pump apart and shit its toast, so now need to find early c4 front pump..............

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course when you are a member of the Bumps n Bruises crew....... you almost cut your finger tip off getting bushing out of pump..........
    split it almost half way.......

[​IMG]

so what the hell is new......................

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Carl let me know if you can't find a pump, i have an C4 sitting here ,I'll pull the pump out and send it to you if you can't find one out your way, And watch those fingers, Tim Jones

11. Thanks Tim but I just ordered one from a junkyard, my problem is I'm using an early case with a 24 sp input shaft so its tough to find..........
    probably my luck the guy at the yard picked the wrong one, ah, who knows..........will find out in a coupla days.......

course my other trans in the ICT is a later C4 so I get the best of both worlds.......nothin can be easy

12. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

I went out and counted my it's a 26 spline,

13. Thanks anyway..........

14. One Finger John

One Finger John

Shoot .... that's only a one band aid cut. No big deal. At our age one maybe two days tops to heal completely.

Be careful, John

15. John your name would fit our crew to a T, I've got three fingered Jack as my crew chief...........

16. Well parts haven't arrived yet so there was nother problem to attend to, that is a jack to lift the chassis in the pits to get my stand in place at the push bar, humm have an extra jack and some left over matl from a P/U rack............ well the concept works now to just do a little finish work on it........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

I sat in a friends of mine that he is redoing at The Rodders Journal Show.... Those guys had balls of Steel. I could not imagine driving one of those cars....Your ass is hanging in the wind and your balls are one the quickchange.. I have much respect for the guys that raced them.

18. Ah but what a thrill it is to light one up, most fun you can have with your clothes on!!!

Even better when its the Evil Twin of Rocky's now that a blast!!!!!

But like you say back in the day with a big Chrysler on juice with an old rear end it was tricky I guess..............

19. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. :D

20. This is to show everyone the difference worn out front pump, check out clearance on small gear to housing.......
    [​IMG]

pump that is ok, housing not worn to shit.........

[​IMG]

21. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

22. Thanks Roc got back from the city today and my parts are in, damn now I get to put her together again!!!

23. Hey Carl - as I know nothing about 'slush boxes' - are you talking about the space/gap between the outsides of the smaller gear and what looks to be a rounded piece of the housing itself? Enlighten the ignorant! :rolleyes:

24. Yea Dale that space that looks like a half moon is where the oil gets pushed into the outlet side of the pump and squished like the case of a h20 pump and when the case gets worn you loose the squish to make pressure the case should be tight and a little bit of wear is ok but this is excessive allowing the pressure to leak out......kinda like your oil pump when the bottom plate wears out and allows oil to just circulate around the gears and not squeeze out the outlet

25. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

I always thought you just used heaver weight oil when that happened. :D

26. Yea Tom, Castor oil or Mollassas

27. And maybe some sawdust, banana peels or other such stuff . . . yeah, that's it!:eek:

Thanks for the knowledge - as I have none!

28. only on the ones we put up for sale............

29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Amazing how quiet straight STP will make a manual transmission.:D

30. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Thanks Carl:) I learn something every day:)!

Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless