Register now to get rid of these ads!

School me on getting a title TEXAS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasLinc, Nov 15, 2012.

1. TexasLinc

TexasLinc

Ok so I got a driving 1931 model a hot rod with no title. Please school me on options (cheap way and expensive way) , reccomendations, or any advice.

Thank you in advance

2. 94hoghead

94hoghead

bonded title?.......Thats what I did on my model T.

3. Lots of threads on here on Texas licensing. Use the search function.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. So what happened to the Title Sticky?

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Call the DMV or better yet, go in person. Or, since you're on your computer..... GOOGLE it.

6. 117harv

117harv

All of this, yes, why was the sticky removed?

7. TexasLinc

TexasLinc

Thanks for at some direction from some of you.

And thanks for informing me there is a search function from some of you...

All I was looking for was maybe someone with personal experience of this same situation in Texas. And gain a bit of advice specific to my situation. A FORUM is an outlet for people to help each other out. Half the help given on this forum is notifying someone there is a search function. Some of yall need to bathe in fresh water and not salt.

8. deeddude

deeddude

I found all the info here on the hamb, yea the search function sucks; but only because there is so much info here. This is what I did.

Go to the DMV, tell them you bought a car with a bill of sale or a copy of the canceled check, the car has no title and you would like one. They will more than likely push back " i can't do it" blah, blah, blah. Tell the attendant you would like a "title hearing", she will look at you funny and ask how do you know about that. Fill out a bunch of paper work make a few calls, do the hear (just a face to face with the same attendant) sign a few things, pay the fees (this is what they want anyway) and get a blue title in a couple weeks.

This is the cheapest and easiest way in Texas. Oh and be very nice.:)

9. TexasLinc

TexasLinc

DeedDude you're the man. And that probably wasn't too hard either.

Thanks again.

10. They took down the sticky IIRC per Ryan because advice on how to get a legal title is okay, but what they don't want is people selling titles, or offering up illegal methods of getting one.