Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help a guy find his dad's old car....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Silva, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Silva

Silva

So a friend of mine told me he is looking for his Dad's old hot rod.

It's not the most H.A.M.B friendly car, but he has fond memories of his dad's ownership. I'd really like to help reunite him with this car.

Does anyone have any leads as to the current whereabouts of the coupe pictured below? Please pm me if you do.

Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

only thing not hamb friendly i see are the wheels nice car keep this at the top for awhile

3. 500 single

500 single

tTt. Good luck with your search!

4. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Might help if you could provide some information with regard to the history of the car, especially when and where the car was sold, what city, what show and any idea where the purchaser lived, what he did for a living or what car he owned or sold to purchase this one.. Might get more people to take a second look. At least this puts it back to the top. Best of luck.

5. 31Apickup

31Apickup

It looks to be the Boyd built Vern Luce coupe, pretty famous car. There is actually a small blurb about it in Pat Ganahl's book Lost Hot Rods. It states it is now owned by Gary Brown of Melborne Australia. It also says he has driven it so much, it is torn down for a rebuild. Don't think you'll get that car back without spending huge bucks.

6. Silva

Silva

The car was built for "Vern Luce" by Coddington.

It resided in Texas for a while and was sold, presumably it went to California.

A quick search show it residing in Australia as late as 2006.

Any Fresh leads?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  7. I don't have any info for you but I had a poster of those cars on my wall when I was a kid. I loved them. Good luck with your find!

8. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Did anyone else notice the pair of similar style red cars for sale in the back of goodguys this month?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. Rok 51

Rok 51

Yeah. I do remember seeing it a few years back at the Bright Rod Run here in Victoria Australia. I haven't got any pics of it though.

10. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

The last time I saw it it was in Pearland Texas.....

11. Silva

Silva

Thanks for the input... So officially we have tracked the "vern Luce" coupe to Oz...

Any Aussies know its current whereabouts? Or if Gary Brown is still the owner?

If nothing else it would be brilliant to put the two parties together.