Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Well, the cats out of the bag another old kustom comes to JERSEY!!!(pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatty mcguire, Nov 14, 2012.

1. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

Was going to keep it under wraps until the toys for tots show in December, but got bored so I wanted to post pics and hear your guys input. Its an old kustom built by the Clarkkaiser shop with alot of lead work and was named the "Queen of Vics". Unfortunately the car was around in the 80's and gooped up the car a little bit, but with some work I would love to see it and silver and grey.

Another thing if anyone has pics of the interior from 56 I would love to seem them so I can redo the interior right when the time comes

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some magazines it was documented in

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. Squablow

Squablow

Love it, looks like it's almost totally intact too, at least, what I can see from the pics. I agree that I'd like to see it restored to it's original two tone configuration, although I've got to admit the hood treatment looks a lot better in the black version, at least to my eyes. Good save, glad it's in the hands of someone who appreciates what it is. Now don't leave it out in the damn snow!

3. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

nice find!! local east coast car? dont have any pics to help donate but would love to see more of it. what mill?

4. I saw this car as a kid in Dearborn Michigan at the Ford Rotunda, fifty years ago. Amazing condition for the time that has passed. I hope it is not sitting out.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - Kool - Congrats!

6. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

lol sorry guys, but yes it will be garaged, the snow picture was the 1st day I got it home, unfortunately, it was the same we had our 1st snow, and the car was built in 1953 or 1954 in and you right it was in the Rotunda show in 55 and 56, the first version was actually black and then it got painted the silver in 56.

The car currently has a 289 with an auto trans, but as time and buget comes I would like to put the flathead back in with the 3 on the tree, escpially since I do have an original 53 ford accessory steering wheel in nice shape to put on, the problem is someone changed the steering box along with a tilt column in so I will have to hunt down some parts first, but im super glad it wasnt subframed or mustangII so its not the worst thing

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  7. 562roadster

562roadster

Looks great! Congrats

8. Nice find! The Clarkkaiser shop turned out some sweet customs (I seem to remember reading about an early '50s Ford convertible they did for Father Ernst?) and this one is as nice and clean as any I've seen! I'm jealous!

Dave

9. Some of the B&W images show it in a one-tone. Any idea what colour that was?

Dave

p.s. Personally, I prefer the '56 Ford wheel covers over the current '57s ..If I were to pick-nits.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  10. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

[​IMG]

also famous for

[​IMG]

11. That's the convert.! Didn't Father Larry own it first? I believe he was a Pharaoh too? Like I said, nice stuff out of the Clarkkaiser shop for sure!

Dave

12. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

yup it was Larry Ernst's and yes he was a Pharaoh and also a priest lol

13. This car's badass! I love the taillight treatment. The black looks good but that two tone looks killer!!!

14. Very cool car,Congrats on your old Custom.

15. Rikster

Rikster

Fantastic news!

16. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Wow, nice find!! Be sure to keep us updated on this one

17. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

Cool car, really like the taillights!

18. deto

deto

Did you sell the Chevy in your avatar yet?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Swwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Cant wait to see it at Waynes!

20. greazy john

greazy john

looks very good in black...............love to see another save

21. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Awesome find, Mike! Good luck...and if you need help....

22. Please do it up and bring it to Autorama one year for us local's to check out. I saw that car a couple years ago for sale at the Relix Riot I believe. I am sure Dave Jenkins can shed some light on it for ya too. Nice Score!!

23. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Mikey rules.
    Slim

24. 31Apickup

31Apickup

A friend of my Uncle owned the car in the 70's when it was in Northern Michigan.

25. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

If yoru taling about "Torchie" aka karl we already were talking to him about the car, was hoping he had pics of the orginal interior.

Also thanks for the compliments on the car, and no my 53 chevy didnt not sell yet, but thats worst part about buying this car because im going to have to let it go eventually and its going to be missed for sure.

Marc thanks for the offer, i will prolly take you up on that one day if your serious, just might take a little longer than I was hoping since it will need more work than I thought it would before Id would repaint it.

26. sexy!!!i like the tail lights

27. twochops

twochops

A friend in Mi had it for sale when it looked like this .
    TwoChops

Attached Files:

28. RMackMotown

RMackMotown
    from Motown

I know Karl and fondly remember the car when he had it in the 7O's, It was still pretty much intact then and I remember a modified Naugahyde blue and white tuck and roll interior. I know I have pictures of it but it will take some digging. It still had the flat head and 3 on the tree and was in primer. I believe Karl found it in a garage in metro Detroit. I remember spending a couple late nights going through old CarCraft, Rod and Custom and Hot Rod magazines (my dad had saved every one and had a complete collection) until we found the pictures of the feature on the car and the Autorama images. I had tripped over the pictures from post above (from the 90s?) on the web a year or so ago showing the "modifications" to the car and nearly cried. I am sooooo happy its in good hands and will be returned to it original state. I dreamed of picking up that car when Karl had it but being a high school student at the time I could hardly afford the car I was driving at the time let alone the ole "Queen of the Vics". I'll do some digging and will post the picts when I find them.:cool:

29. Movinman

Movinman

Congrats, Mikey! You made it happen, good for you! She is a real beauty!

30. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Hey, Mike...if you don't know anyone up there that knows leadwork, I can help you with that, too....teaching you, tools, supplies, whatever it takes. Keep it authentic!