Register now to get rid of these ads!

Would you buy back you're first car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell de Moor, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

My first car was stolen in 2004 after owning it since 1971. We think we know where some of it is. :mad:

2. Old_Crow

Old_Crow
    from Arkansas

'62 Studebaker Lark IV 4 door. No thanks, I'll pass.
    That thing was a rust bucket in '70 when I wrecked it.

3. Old Heap

Old Heap

53 Ford Pickup with a flat head 8, 3 on the tree. I'd love to have her back! Doubtful though, it's been 37 years.

4. Maybe, if I didn't have my '29 A. It was black '49 Pontiac fastback. flat 8 and auto trns. Not too cool at the time, but now...........?

5. ................Hire a hit man!:mad:

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

7. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

My first car? 1975.....bought a car to travel to school. Stolen from Raceway Park, Englishtown, after putting my heart and soul ( and every penny I made working, while going to school) into rebuilding it.......HELL YES I'd want it back!!!!!

Attached Files:

8. 2935ford

2935ford

'66 Fairlane 500...bought it brand new. Had it 11 years. Put 110k miles on it. Repainted it silver in the 70's. Sold it for $500 as it had stopped running due to a bad alternator.
    Love to find it and buy it back!:)

Attached Files:

9. Mine was a 57 oval as well, and had the option to buy it back. I said no. You can always get another one later if the passion drives you to that point. Different steel, same memories.........

10. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No. I did recently get back a car I initially had in 1968 which is close enough.

11. Saxxon

Saxxon

Yes...67 Mustang. Blue w Black interior. Had no idea I had a cool car. Broke the diff, couldn't afford to fix it. Sold it for cheap. Regretted it for 35 years

12. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

Nope! I sold it to a buddy of mine and 2 years later I was riding in the back seat when I asked him "Does it still run as good as it used to?" Directly after he hammered it, the car in front of him stopped, because the guy in front of him stopped, because the guy in front, etc.

I watched the front end of my old car turn into an accordian. We couldn't get the doors opened, etc. It was a real nice, red on red, '66 Mustang.

13. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I'd love to have my first one back but I wouldn't pay what they're going for now.

My first car was a '67 Jag E-Type Roadster, bought it in 1972 two weeks after getting out of college and landing my first job. It was in perfect condition with less than 30k on it for $2200.

14. sololobo

sololobo

I would love to have my 33 Cevy in a heartbeat. MY Dad and I put it together and I was driving it from 13 years old till 17. It was a 33,000 mi car with a perfect interior. Lottsa good ones have slipped thru my hands after that one as well. There is always another one out there. ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

15. MTR-HD-Ordie

MTR-HD-Ordie

First car was a 63 NovaSS, 283, 3 on the tree. Bought in 1970 for $350, I blew the motor in 74 and left it on the farm in OK when I went into the Navy. Never went back to get it as I was in CA and bought a 66 ChevyII SS. Just recently gave it to a nephew as I currently have more projects on my do list than I have years to live.....

Jim

[​IMG]

16. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I still have my first car, well truck 1953 F-100, I have had it 25 years this year. I bought it when I was 14, and it was a father/ son project. Too many memories and attachments to it, to ever think of getting rid of it. My son is 14 now and is a few years we will drag it back out for him to drive.

Attached Files:

17. slowmotion

slowmotion

Who wouldn't want a '62 Belair bubbletop back? C'mon lottery.....

Bought it when I was 15, sold it before I got my DL. Made a huge profit of $150 on it!

It was a 283/3 on the tree, Roman red/red int. Man I loved that car, but the big money lured it away from me :(.

Still would like to have another today, but they're just stupid money nowadays....C'mon lottery!!

18. You're "the real deal", man.:)

19. I think the condition of the car now would mean a lot.
    I chased down the very first car I drove to high school in. It was sitting in the back of a service station with some other junked cars.The memories I had of it faded into a realization that it was no longer the same car.It made me sad but I decided the good memories didn't justify the expense and work involved in making it nice again so I let her sit. Maybe someone else saved it.
    I did find my first hot rod again and bought it back.It cost as much as my last house, but I couldn't be happier getting it back, even with all the problems it now has.

20. Been known to buy many of my old cars back over the years just to be disappointed in most cases. My 59 Mercury was another story though, what's the car Mitch?

21. Pugly

Pugly

72 Chevy Pickup. LWB, 6Cyl. 3 on the tree, retired otr tire service truck. beat to hell doesn't even describe it.

no thanks.

22. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

Id like to have mine back, dad sold it when I went to live with my mom..

1971 R/T Challenger

[​IMG]

23. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

There are so many cars and not enough time or money. I'd rather savour the memories and move on.

Dan:cool:

24. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

48 Willys jeep, model CJ2A...You betcha!

25. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

YOU MUST BE KIDDING ....hell no.

26. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

1959 Triumph 10 estate..yes I would buy it back. I dare anyone to even find a photo of one. the next car was a 1960 volvo 544..I would buy that one too..and the next one too 63 Hillman super Minx.

27. spot

spot
    from usa

nope, I still own what's left of it after I was hit head on and totaled it in 1986. I did however pick up another of the same model last year that will get all the good parts left from the original.

28. Yes, yes, Hell yes!!
    My first car was a 51 Studebaker Commander Starlight Coupe, V8 automatic, in near perfect condition. Yeah, one of the 60 or so cars I've had that I regret not having now.

29. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Still have mine , bought in 65 , 36 ford panel truck. Chris

30. I actually don't give too hoots in hell for my first car, I would like to have my first door slammer and have an idea where it may be. I would also like to have the '58 merc that the wife and I bought as our first car just because we had so much fun in that car.

Now there is an Alfa Giulietta coupe in California that once belonged to my mom then my sis and her husband that I haven't seen since the summer of '69. I guess it is mine if I haul it home from California. It was a pretty rare car when my mom had it (only 8 in the world). Probably not HAMB friendly but if someone wanted to arrange a relay for me I would like to have it here to start working on. Anyone? Anyone?