Register now to get rid of these ads!

Would you buy back you're first car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell de Moor, Nov 14, 2012.

1. So I let my first car slip out of my hands. I ended up selling it because my parents had no more space to sell it. Recently just saw it up in the classifieds. I would have the money for it but JUST have the money for it. I am not sure it would be smart for me to spend that money right now. Also the car in question is NOT a car by any means I would go out of my way to look at or buy again. Only reason I would ever buy it is because all the time I put into it and all the memories. I should probably just let it go, but that small irresponsible part of me wants it back:rolleyes:

2. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Let it live in your memories. I miss my first car- I only remember it as bad ass ... when really it was a p.o.s. - If you get it back you'll probablly ending up replacing the good memories with crappy ones... That's how my luck goes anyway.

3. BISHOP

BISHOP

So very true.

4. barstowpo

barstowpo

I cut my first car up and took it to the dump so I wouldn't have to ask this question. I do have another car just like it though.

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I'd like to be able to buy back ALL my old cars, even the brand new ones. In fact, one of my former cars was just for sale on that auction site we all know and love. It was a 56 Chevrolet that's now a Pro Street/Drag car that E.T.'s at 8.65 in the quarter, and can be street driven! But, the $52,500.00 BIN was just a little more than I'd like to get it for. I even talked with the current owner, who told me the reserve was $45,000.00, and he asked me to make a bid below that just to get the ball rolling. I did, and there were 4 more bids after mine, but it still did'nt reach reserve. Some of my old cars have actually wound up badly trashed, and I would'nt want them back (my first new car was a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340, Torqueflite, 3.91 Sure Grip, and the guy that bought it beat it up and trashed it), but we can all dream can't we? Butch/56sedandelivery..

6. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I couldn't stand being away from my first hot rod so after years of looking for it I just went out and bought another one.

My old 33 Chevy
    [​IMG]

My new 33 chevy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

With the help of a BMW bumper, I smashed the front of my first car pretty good. It probably came back as some Chinese tools from Harbor freight, or maybe a filing cabinet. So I might still own my first car.

8. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

9. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

My folks sold my 40 Ford coupe when I went to VietNam. I bought it back again in 1992, got it back on the road in 2002 and have over 60K miles on it now. Lots of old memories and even more new memories. Glad I got it back and don't plan on letting it go again. But in the end, only you can make the decision of what your first car really means to you.

10. bigboy308

bigboy308
    from Merlin, OR

1953 Oldsmobile Super88 two-door sedan. Paid $700.00. Absolutely like new, had the odd-ball three speed standard transmission. Bought in 1959 to drive back and forth to school.

Damn right I want it back!!

11. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

'32 3 window, full fendered, black lacquer, built flathead. Sold it for $450 (1959) and I would buy it back in a heartbeat.

12. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I wish I could but only if I won the lotto since my first car was a 55 Nomad

13. A 70 Maverick 170 straight six, gold hood, blue body.
    Hell no

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. gwarren007

gwarren007

Mine was a 76 dodge aspen moordor- slant six/three one the floor/no ac-nope. RIP dodge aspen.

15. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just sold my first car last weekend, A 1963 VW BUG. He picks it up this weekend and I am already regreting it. I owned it for almost 21 years, tought my wife how to drive standard in this car when we were in high school, got married driving this car. Sold it so I could afford my new car, 1930 Model A Tudor. If I ever get a chance to buy it back I probably will.

16. Hmmmmm..good question. Mine was a 50 ford crestliner. I've had several opportunities to buy 2 door sedans and even a crestliner clone but coupes and club coupes are really the only shuboxes [ok, and convertibles] I'd want again. Photo of crestliner was taken in April,1964..day I brought my first car home. 53 merc motor with 3 speed O.D.
    Other photo is mid 90s and shows my 49 coupe. Built from frame-up with a built 350/350 turbo-shift kit and a maverick rear..
    My coupe would have blown 'em away in '64!

Attached Files:

17. I trade my first car back and forth with my old man. Its a 67 el camino. Its been in one of our hands for the last 16 years, but I think I'm gonna sell it outright and find something cooler. I mainly just bought it cause it was solid, which is hard to find in N.E. Wisconsin on a high-school budget. Had lots of fun, made lots of memories, got in a fair amount of trouble, but never really was an elky fan, i guess.

18. kennkat

kennkat

I would love to.... could not afford it !

19. 1970malibu

1970malibu
    from Minnesota

Don't need to, it's sitting in the garage :D

20. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

In a quick minute if it was possible.
    My brothers neighbors complained to the cops, and so he scrapped it...:mad:
    A damn near perfect '55 Ford Victoria, black w/black interior, 292 V-8, auto.

21. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Nope, it was a total P.O.S.

Scotty

22. asamech89

asamech89

My 61 Corvette was my first car. Still enjoying it. Bought it from my brother in 1968, was in pieces for awhile, but back on the road now.

[​IMG]</a>[/IMG]

In 1968, completely original except for exhaust pipes.

[​IMG]</a>[/IMG]

How it looks today, not original anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  23. Risky

Risky

Hell yeah I would. Especially if I could get it back for what I paid for it. 68 GTO paid 150 bucks for it in the early 80s complete body no motor or trans with chrome steelies on it:D

24. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

I still happen to have my first car, my dad bought it for me as a roller (not hamb friendly = 1973 Plymouth Cuda) and it's currently in storage. I plan on never selling it since it was a gift, but I could totally understand wanting it back if I was you, especially if the price is right.

25. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I wouldn't want my first car all that bad (57 VW Bug) but I would love to have a few of the later ones, like the 63 Bonneville Tripower Convertible, or one of the two 66 GTO's I had. I would also love to see my bugeye Austin Healy Sprite that I put a 289 Ford into.

Don

26. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

Mine is the car in my avitar and I still own it.

27. 1929 ford truck hell yes i would buy iy back

28. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

If I could get it back for the same price I sold it for, Then Hell yes!! It was a 1969 camaro.....I sold it for $1600.00 when I was 19 to get the money to finish my 1930 model A coupe, Then 2 months after I had my coupe on the road, A guy I met at the gas station traded me his 2 year old lifted sport Z71 chevy pickup straight across for the coupe. (you should have seen the look on his wifes face when he told her he wanted to trade his almost brand new pickup for my primered coupe...LOL) at the time it was a good deal because of the value of the truck, but I wish I had my model A back....LOL

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  29. nightowlrodandcustom

nightowlrodandcustom
    from lindsay

i might be to young to answer this but i have only sold one of the cars ive owned over the years and i do wish i had it back (64 ford step side w/ 223 6) good times. i think thats why im holding on to every one ive got and will get in my years to come

ive talked to to many old guys that stop me and tell me i wish i still had my first car i had fun with it and hay it would be worth some money now

30. I still have the first one registered in my name, what's left of it, the frame is trashed.

If I could get back the first car I had to myself to drive, my dad's '70 Gran Prix factory 4-speed car? I'd be all over that. Because of that car, even though it's been like 20 years, it only took me a couple hundred miles to get used to the stick in my one-ton hauler truck.