Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for any mags/pictures/items that feature my dad, Herb McCandless

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McCandlessboy, May 13, 2009.

1. outalne94z71

outalne94z71

i know this is a old thread but i was just searching for pictures of this car and just came across this thread and site, i know who is the current owner of this particular cuda(paperwork did say herb was the driver and same paint colors, no brooklyn heavy name on it and had a sox &martin badge decal down low on the front fenders behind the wheel), its located in oconomowoc wi, the current owner brought it to a friend of mine who is a friend of his to do the changes he wanted, we stripped the paint and made it into pretty much a street car with no cage, its currently pearl white with a pearl blue tint and the rubber bumper is black and had the quarters replaced to put the chrome trim on, it still has the 426 and doug nash 5 speed that was in the car when purchased, the current owner does occasionally drive it up here but it spends much of its time at his house in florida.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  2. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Question: Is this an original Hemi 'Cuda or Hemi-swapped-into-'Cuda? I've wanted to know the answer to this question for several decades! If not, what engine did this car come with from the factory originally?

Pete

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  3. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]

Anyone know if this car is still around?

Pete

4. Ramblur

Ramblur

Realize its an old thread,but here's a couple I have...
    Hhmm,something up with photobucket,only one I could get to...

[​IMG]

5. 79mbu

79mbu
    from australia

I just came across this post. The attached photo was taken at Pro Stock meet at Epping, N.H. in 1972. Herb was the friendliest of the dozen or so top name Pro Stockers at that event. I don't recall who won or where Herb finished, but it was a great race, that I remember!...Glen

6. 79mbu

79mbu
    from australia

Having a problem uploading this photo. I'll try to pm directly...Glen

7. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

8. outalne94z71

outalne94z71

it was like 12 years ago but if i remember right back when we were checking over the car the vin indicated it was originally a 383 car

9. TuTone

TuTone

[​IMG][/IMG] My photo dated 4-17-1969 at the (Then) newly opened Interstate Dradstrip in Sikeston, MO. One week later, I joined the Air Force.

10. jesse1980

jesse1980

Nice thread. Your dad left his mark on history for sure.

11. outalne94z71

outalne94z71

the cuda ragtop is in wisconsin, owned by a buddy of mine, here is what it looked like when he purchased it and what he had us do to it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i have many more pictures that i am scanning yet

12. Had a great talk with Herb at Louisville this year. What a great guy and he told me a great story about his "Doug's Headers" jacket and how coveted these were by drag racers back then - and still today!

13. Car Fox

Car Fox

If you get a vin I can do a car fax, you had said 2 winged cars I thought all the Superbirds had 1 wing

Attached Files:

14. Do you have the video called pros. It shows your dad winning the us nats. I do have a copy. Your dad is the real deal. I have learned so much from him.