Register now to get rid of these ads!

I built it, I drove it and.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plw, Aug 28, 2005.

1. plw

plw

I can't get this stupid grin off my face! I just can't believe after 3 years of working on this thing how cool it was to drive it around the block. (I live in the country, it was a long block) It's got a few glitches and no interior but damn it is so much fun I'm almost speechless. I know it was a "kit" and I know it's not as hard or as creative as some of what you guys are turning out but I BUILT IT!!! Probably can't tell I excited, heh?

Attached Files:

2. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Good job! who gives a crap if it was a kit. You built it! you like it! Have fun with it! You are now addicted. TP

3. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

FUCK YEAH!!!! >>>>>BITCHN<<<<!!!!

4. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Right on man! If it make's you that happy who should care where the parts came from. BTW those parts don't exactly snap together anyway. Use the skills you have and be happy with the product.

5. safetymike1977

safetymike1977

Take two shots of ether and call me in the morning. Rap the mufflers, squeal the tires, repeat as desired.

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Cool!
    Great looking rod and you can be very proud of your accomplishment.
    Most of the population are just blown away that anyone can put these cars we drive together and make them run and be safe.
    Most of us here use at least some aftermarket parts even on some of the most renouned traditional cars. They won't tell you about some of the aftermarket mechanicals and electric aspects of these cars. The idea is to emulated the traditional styles we love regardless of the way its accomplished.
    And you've accomplished a hell of alot. Congratulations and enjoy it.

7. 2002p51

2002p51

That's very cool and you should have as much fun as you can. We built our car from a kit so I know they don't just fall together by themselves. Drive it, enjoy it, be proud of it!

8. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

You can do it!!! Looks f..nnn awsome!!!!!!

9. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Looks like fun.
    I also like those fishscale shingles on the house.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Nothing to be ashamed of there. Looks like a fun ride. You've already accomplished more than a lot of wannabes that post here. Now drive the wheels off it.

Frank

11. Terry

Terry

Way to go! Great looking ride you built!

12. striper

striper

Mine's no kit but it's also a long way off being driven! Cool looking car. Congratulations. Posts like this assure me that it really will be as cool as I hope when I finish my rod.

Pete

13. disturber

disturber

Congrats, building anything that involved is quite an accomplishment...building something you can enjoy as thoroughly as you will that thing is just kickass!

14. RoadKat

RoadKat

I still remember my first ccomplete build. A 56 F100, took me 2 years and when I first drove it was without brakes. I couldnt wait no longer. I imagine there was a big grin on my young face. Enjoy that car its cool.

15. repoman

repoman

I find my Zen building cars. I am at peace turning wrenches, fabricating unique parts, etc.

That is reward enough for the hard work and sacrifice of my time and money. But when you get out on the road at the end of it all it's amazing. I haven't had that feeling of a fresh new ride in a three years. Only then can anyone understand this thing we do.

There's no turning back now, you've found the American dream my friend.

{Chanting}
    "One of us...One of us...One of us..."