Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Studebaker's lets see them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZZ-IRON, May 20, 2010.

1. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    1953 Studebaker Starlight Coupe, owned since 1997, 289 "Clover Leaf" block,
    re-worked supercharge 57 Golden Hawk heads, dual Rochester 2-G carbs.
    on an Edmunds manifold, Delco window distributor with Pertronix Ignitor,
    R-1/R-2 cam, 8 inch Ford diff., Borg Warner T-10 4-speed trans.
    Flames were laid out by Tom Kelly of Baron, Roth, and Kelly fame
    "The Crazy Painters"

MO_JUNK likes this.
  2. bstie

bstie

1946 Studebaker M5 - 383 small block triple duece, t400 trans air, ride suspension on original chassis.

Attached Files:

3. 500 single

500 single

100_2871.jpg

Here's my 1951 2R5. All original, converted to 12 volts. My grandpa bought it in '60 or '61. It was my first car!

4. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Loving it.Keep`em coming.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

5. Suddenly1

Suddenly1

6. Stu Cool

Stu Cool

Project has been overcome by events for a while, so the Conestoga still looks like it does in the picture. I am about to bring the 64 Cruiser donor car over to the house so I can start pulling parts off of it for the '54. I am not sure where it was built. S/N is G927716 if you have an easy way of finding out.

This summer I drove the red '53 on a 4700 mile trip from Northern CA to South Bend Indiana for the International Studebaker meet. I am very proud of it, scored 380 of 400 in the Concours good enough for a First Place award. Also joined a bunch of the Studebaker speed freaks at Osceola Dragway and turned a 13.55 on street tires through the mufflers.

Pat

7. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

WE went to that meet when it was in Sacramento several years ago. We drove it home from Texas and spent a night or two at home then to Sac. It was a kick to see the Stude guys when my greasy tattooed kid drove up. His license plate is R2 D5 and it is. It's a bitch to get supercharger completely under the Conestoga hood. Like the sedans there is 4" less room than the coupes. I'd love to build a Conestoga On a coupe frame and use the Coupe front clip. There would be a body line issue but doable. Then chop it like a Dodge Magnum and head for the salt flats. Congratulations you first place. Pretty car and a driver to boot! I'll check your number. I forgot where I saw that.

8. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Here's my nearly all-original '52 Champion that I'm hoping to have back on the road in a matter of weeks...
    [​IMG]

I have a build-thread going for it, just click on the link in my signature.

9. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

That thing is a surviver. A cool thing about Studebaker was their conservation of parts. On a lot of four doors the front doors just turn around and switch sides to make rear doors. Lots of latches and handles were the same year to year and front to back. Front suspension was almost the same from '52 through the Avantis, and it was good suspension. The frames were thin. All cranks are forged. Just cool cars.

10. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Just goes to show what a Stude powered car can do!

11. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Tell us about this one.

13. bstie

bstie

Chevguy thats a good looking lark!

14. No studes here in the shop, but I did save this stuff from the crusher a couple weeks ago. Figured somebody could use them. Also have pass. side rear fender.

Attached Files:

15. BruceT

BruceT
    from Abbotsford

Chevguy that Lark is wicked...love the color choice,great stance!

16. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Amazing what people scrap. Good you had the sense to save some off it. I'm surprised the bullet nose doesn't turn up on more customs. If I were to keep it, I'd love to have atleast one on my '50 3/4.

17. Gonein60

Gonein60

Recently just picked up this 52 champion starliner for 900 bucks. Solid old running/driving car! It's my first studebaker so I'm pretty excited.

Attached Files:

18. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

My heap with some off-topics.Anyone have a tilt-out M5 windshield for sale?Also,window parts?

[​IMG]

19. Stu Cool

Stu Cool

What a great find, and a bargain too! These are rare and under recognized cars. I never paid much attention to the 52 cars until I saw this one. It belongs to a member in our Studebaker Drivers Club chapter. It still has original engine and underpinnings. He cleaned up the body, painted it and put the mags and tires on it. Turns heads everywhere he goes.

Have fun with yours! I encourage you to join the Studebaker Drivers Club (http://studebakerdriversclub.com/). Great resources there for parts, knowledge and experience. The club is not nearly so purist oriented as it used to be. All sorts are welcome. We are happy just to keep Studes on the road. Being in Indiana you are not too far from Studebaker International in South Bend, a great source of parts, plus the Studebaker Museum is there too, along with all the company history. Check out the Forum on the web page and introduce yourself. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum.php The Michiana chapter is active and has some great folks.

Pat

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  20. Gonein60

Gonein60

Yeah I wasn't sure what I had at first but after doing some research it seems like it's a pretty rare car. That photo of the maroon 52 is amazing!! I haven't been able to find many examples that weren't all original. Ill be sure to check into the SDC. Seeing that I'm a broke 22 year old, a full resto is out of the question. I'm thinking 50s-60s led sled style or maybe a 60s gasser look? Don't really know which direction to take this in. Does anybody know where or if I could find replacement chrome trim anywhere?

21. DJCruiser

DJCruiser
    from CT

Not much to look at yet, but it's a starting point.

Attached Files:

22. Stu Cool

Stu Cool

I do not believe anyone is re-popping the chrome or stainless steel trim. You may be able to find some NOS stuff, swap meets are a good bet. There is a big one in South Bend in May I think that is all Studebaker. There is a Studebaker Swap web page: http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php. You can post a "Wanted" ad there. It's all free. Good news is Studebaker did carry over a lot of parts from year to year which increases the numbers still around. Bad news is yours is a one year only model so stuff specific to the 52 hardtop is harder to find. Also watch EBay and Craigs list.

SDC is trying to recruit younger members, so don't feel hesitant to join in.

Pat

PS DJCruiser that is a Sweet Daytona. The HiPo versions were Studebakers Muscle Cars.

23. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

This is a 1940 Stude champ. 671 GMC 383cu in SBC. I did this car about 15 years ago. Now owned by Racer Walt Austin. Color is dove gray.:D

Attached Files:

MO_JUNK likes this.
  24. johnod

johnod

An old pic of mine.

[​IMG]

osage orange and MO_JUNK like this.
  25. sals54

sals54

Here's my 56 Stude Wagon. And... its for sale.

Attached Files:

26. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

:D i started a new project last week 55 champ, was took all apart when i got it and frame was missing.saw this thread and it got me going

Attached Files:

27. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

I should have never sold my 54, what a great car.[​IMG]

osage orange and MO_JUNK like this.
  28. Supernasty

Supernasty

I have been looking for info on this one for awhile now, absolutely love the color.
    [​IMG]

29. Getting it ready for Bonneville.

Attached Files:

30. johnod

johnod

What engine?