Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen hot rod in florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Model T1

Model T1

I mentioned the possibility of it being HAMB members back on post #211. Sadly they could have gained much information by following the build threads and other sources right here.
    Every member needs to be more cautious about what they say and show in photos. I have a feeling those responsible are following this thread also.

2. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Boy , I mentioned in a post early on how easy it would be to find a car with information innocently posted here and Ryan pretty much cut my balls off . Pretty inconsistent with the moderator axe don't ya think??

3. raidmagic

raidmagic

Come on, I wouldn't say he cut your balls off but you were going a bit conspiracy theory on that one. So you're never going to post about your cars and what you are doing again because this car was stolen?

4. I suppose it's possible, but then the thieves better really hope they don't get caught. I suspect being on car thief on the HAMB would go over about as well as an informer in the mafia.

I keep checking to see if this car has turned up yet. Since the beginning I've had a feeling that it's going to. I sure hope it does.

5. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

I sure hope it turns up for his little girls sake.....

6. Yep. Scum are holdin' out, bidin' time. Maybe hittin' weekend flea markets with flyers in counties around might shake things up. Offer a reward too perhaps.

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'm really amazed something hasn't turned up yet. It has been about 3 weeks now, and every day the odds get worse for finding it. David has been somewhat quiet, so maybe he doesn't want to blow the investigation by saying the wrong thing.

I'm like everyone else, every time I see a new post I hope it is good news.

Don

8. Same here Don,i keep going over what it must have taken to get the car out of the garage and move it away with out detection.As has been said before, someone would have seen something somewhere. I too are waiting for good news. JW

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Maybe the cops and owner already know who's got it?
    maybe waitin for the time to strike?
    maybe watin for the right fuck up..

must suck being a theif wondering when the hammer is going to fall

10. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Watching for anything that might help here in the midwest.

For those thinking/hoping it isn't a HAMB member, the HAMB has enough members to swing an election if we agreed to do it, so I can't help but think that there is a bad egg or two in the mix. I know I didn't go through a background check when I signed on.

11. Cargo

Cargo

Now that's a disturbing thought. None the less possible.
    Just in case I want to officially announce that I have gotten rid of all my tools, parts, cars, etc. The only thing in my garage is that box of old glycerin dynamite that I'm afraid to move.

All kidding aside, I want to see a picture of the family and car reunited. Hoping for the best outcome possible for you man.

12. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

i got to thinking about this the other day. maybe the theif came on here and bought something from the owner just to get the address to steal the car. im hoping for a safe return soon

13. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Conspiracy theory ? Give me a break .

14. TBARA Wildchild

TBARA Wildchild

Needs to be found!!!! Here's hoping that it is soon!!

Doug

15. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

I thought this morning would provide some good news. I guess I am going to have to come down and find it for you myself! Honestly, if hope would get your car back you would be washing it in your driveway.

16. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Still no word, I wish I could give you all good news. It feels like a death in the family here at my home. Shelby has had a hard time getting her 9 year old brain around this. She wants to go for a ride in her hot rod. Lets hope.

17. Just so you know were all hoping for a safe return so dont lose faith!

18. I have a feeling that it will turn up eventually. It's really pissing me off. I would invite every HAMBer who is not familiar with the car to go back and look at the pics again. We want to be able to identify this car (or even pieces of it) when we see it.

If by some chance the thieves are reading this, a HAMB posse is coming for you, scumbag!

19. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

I know first hand what it's like to be ripped off. I did get my motor back 1 year and 2 months after it was stolen. Keep the faith and I will keep my eyes wide open!

20. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

Someone here knows what happened to it, there just listening in and waiting for the heat to die down till they part it out. These type of gutless wonders pray on fellow car enthusiasts the world over.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  21. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

2X

Godspeed
    MrC.

22. Rob3865

Rob3865

Still hangin onto hope.

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

So how does this work ? At what point does the insurance company determine it is time to close out the claim (assuming the victim has insurance) and pay up ? I think all of us who have agreed value insurance dread the thought of having to go that route, but it would be nice to hear first hand experience of how that process goes.

Then, what happens if the car is later found ? Do you get first dibbs at buying it back ?

Don

24. mustangdug

mustangdug

Usually it's 30 days after the fact.

25. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

For us in Canada that are in the government insurance provinces if the vehicle is located prior to payment to the owner it will be offered for return if it is in fair to original condition. If it is damaged then repair service is offered or if it is beyond repair a cash settlement is offered. You would have the oppertunity to buy it back but it would deminish the settlement to a degree. If the vehicle is located after payment is maid the vehicle will be offered to the owner in exchange for the payment that was in made. If the payment is not availible then the car is sold to cover costs.

26. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Come on man give up the car, your breaking a little girls heart and depressing the owner. I just cannot believe no one saw anything happening with such a unique car.

I won't give up hope until you get it back. I believe you will.

27. i am still watching in NW Florida
    craics list thrifty nickle ect
    told lots of friends have a pic i copyed to show

28. I believe it was Oct. 22 when Dave posted his car had been stolen,,have the police given you any hope? HRP

29. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

David should have signboards made up with pictures of the car and the words "Have you seen this car ....STOLEN ?" and wear them at Turkey Run next week. Thousands and thousands of people go through there and someone may have seen something. Ok, if he doesn't like the signboard idea, how about t shirts ? Whatever it takes.

Don

30. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

^^^^^ Great Idea. Hang them at the entrances where the cars drive in, and spectactors walk in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.