Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 60 Elcamino, trade my 26 Model T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Danshotrod, Nov 11, 2012.

1. richie rebel

richie rebel

i think you made out on the deal,and got some cash?????

2. sirhc

sirhc
    from Boise, ID

I love that camino - good trade!

3. ScooterCO

ScooterCO
    from Parker, CO

I admire anyone that can just trade out their labor of love and move on to another car.
    I think I hang on to my stuff too long.
    I like that camino!

4. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I think you made out like a bandit. Love the Elco.

5. rockfish

rockfish

????? What????? He already made the trade. Didn't ask for anyone's approval. Just stated what the deal was. First word of his post is TRADED. Past tense:)

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Well said, I got it right away that he had made the trade and was quite happy with what he got. As he should be, he did well.

7. Wowcars

Wowcars

Make sure it isn't the driveshaft hanger bearing. They are notorious for going bad. Just a heads up if you didn't know already.

BTW, nice trade!

8. rockfish

rockfish

Forgot to say sweet El Camino. The T is nice but I love the early El Caminos. You must too.

9. bonesy

bonesy

That el Camino was the way to go. Good deal.

10. slowmotion

slowmotion

Both are nice rides. I'd be happy with either. Having had an Elkey, I do lean that way some. :D

11. Your 60 looks like a better dressed version of mine.:(

Attached Files:

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I hope you ditch the modern seats and the door graphics, you gotta good swap.

13. 61 chevy

61 chevy

I guess nobody liked your 26 t but 1 person

14. Danshotrod

Danshotrod

Some one asked did I build the T, sure did. Had two now both gone. have had three cars go in this year, 29 Tudor sedan went to Japan, 42 Chevy truck to Canada( its hell getting a vehicle in to Canada) and the Model T went to Pittsburg. Other T went to Baltimore. I still have a 34, 5 window( Bonneville style) in the works, 30 Model A 5 window and a 39 Chevy pu.
    Was it hard to let the T go .Yes

Here is the Model A I drive just about every day.... Dan

[​IMG]

15. I love 59-60 elkos and same with 26-27 T's but You got a great deal on the trade and it looks solid! I'm starting to get going on my 27 coupe. By the way your model a is bad ass!

16. Great trade, not sure why someone clipped it....but great trade none the less.

17. Looks like you Won!

18. BSL409

BSL409

19. That "T" coupe was pretty sweet. Nonetheless, as the owner of a '59 El Camino, as well as a '34 Coupe, I think that '60 El Camino is a great replacement, especially since you still have the A-bone. Either one of them would be awesome to see at the Jalopyrama 10th Anniversary show next year!

20. Danshotrod

Danshotrod

I had the T at Jalopyrama last year, it sat right at the gate entrance. this year was the first time I missed the show since 2005

21. I'm hawkin' swag at our merchandise tent most of the day and don't get to see all of the cars. I'm sorry you weren't able to make this year's event as it was another great show, even with the impending weather. Here's hopin' you'll be able to make next year's event with one of your super rides. Be sure to stop by the tent and say hello, if you do.

22. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

hell yes, trade that T