Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pistons and Paint from my lens

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, Nov 11, 2012.

1. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Hey Rusty, Just in case you didnt know I gave my trophy to Chuck and his wrecked 55. You know when I first saw him drive up I felt the same way you did. I couldnt really understand why he would have brought that car to the show. I made it a point to go see him and find out why. Before I talked to Chuck I gave the car a littlle closer inspection. I started to see little details that showed that there had been a lot of time spent on this car before it met the ass end of that bull. I dont know if you looked at it up close but Chuck had started detailing the engine bay and I know from seeing your truck you could have appreciated his efforts. Anyway after talking to Chuck and hearing his story about the car (pre wreck and post wreck) it just seemed like the natural thing for me to do for a hot rod brother that had not had the best of luck. I think you know that each Chup makes his own throphy and gives it to the car he wants to for whatever reason. The wrecked Belair was my choice.
    Ed BoomBoom Cannon

2. I could hear Milner now, That 55 must be a "field car" how else are you gonna run into a bull with it.

3. TexasDart

TexasDart

What is really bad is he told me he is a Vegaterian...:) He didn't even get to enjoy the meat.

4. Big Tony

Big Tony

Good Seeing you Mike.... Sedan Deliv looks badd ass

5. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Lobucrod, thanks for posting the great pics!

Funny, I didn't hear one remotely negative comment from anyone at the show. Everyone I saw and talked to was having a great time!

Please keep in mind that the show was put together and ran by eight guys in the Chupacabras Car Club, and none of us are professional show promoters...in fact, we are all volunteer workers. We had a lot of help from the guys in the Torques C.C., along with several other local hot rodders that helped with the show for no other reason than to provide a place for others to gather and show their cars...because we love hot rods and customs, and the community that goes along with them.

The guy with the '55 is part of that community and wanted to participate, even though he hadn't had the best of luck with his car. Rather than kick him when he was down, we decided to let him show his car and tell his story.

Thanks to everyone that came out and supported our North Texas hot rod community and the show! We'll see you all again next year!

-Brian Bass

P.S., Rusty, I didn't see you at the show...were you there?

6. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Oops Rusty, I meant to say "work" not "truck" but if you have a truck Im sure its cool!
    Ed

7. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

8. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Thanks Big T and thanks for your and the Torques part in the shows success.

9. bigken

bigken

It was a killer show, as usual. Best part was, I didn't have to 'work', due to seasonal demands, as last year.
    It was great to spend time with out-of-town folks, they are always a party, to hang out with.
    Every entry, was a great addition to the show, and made it what it was.......
    Thanks again, to the Chups, for a job well-done.

10. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Great pictures! I was too distracted and totally forgot to pull out my camera until right before I left; so I only got a few shots. I'm already looking forward to next year.

11. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

12. Thanks for the coverage. Just couldn't make it this year.

13. Low-Blow

Low-Blow

I posted some pics here.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744533

I am sure that a lot are duplicates of the great pics Lobucrod took, but I think there might be a few different ones. I thought the show was great all the way around!! Thanks to all those who took their time and effort to put it together.

14. davidh73750

davidh73750

Great show again! my 2nd one. I feel like lonestar starts the season and this show ends it. I almost pulled boys mother's leg and sent that 55 pic and said uh we got in accident but my friends all assured me I'd burn in hell for it.
    Glad to know he was safe and it's going to get fixed. Bulls to tend to go in the car a lot.

Attached Files: