Register now to get rid of these ads!

Desert Rat

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by rberry, Sep 11, 2012.

1. rberry

rberry
    from el paso tx

Hi from west Texas, I've been into for cars since I was a young teen (and at 58 years old that's been a while),I guess I got the bug from my Dad, anyway now I'm building a 32 roadster. It,s been the most fun I have ever had with a project, I'm doing everything I can myself. Before I got into teaching I was a self-employed welder for most of my life. I used repo frame rails, boxed the frame and built the cross members been at it for 1 year and things are going well, front and rear suspension is done( 2" drop I beam from Super Bell, and 9" with 4 link) body mounted and doors hung, 4 speed muncie is in and motor in for now as mock up (454 but need a rebuild so she'll becoming back out). In building this car I stayed away from any chrome or polished aluminum parts, I want an some-what old school drag racer look, flat black paint with appliance white dry lake style headers, and just good old Chevy orange pant on the rat. We'll that it for now from dusty old El Paso, Build them to drive, and drive them hard!

2. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Welcome to the hamb. Be careful using the rat word around here. people tend to not like it. we prefer traditional hot rods. lets see a picture of where its at now in the project

3. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Welcome from Ky.

4. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Hello from the west coast of Florida.

Post a few shots sounds like you are really into doing everything yourself and I kind of am the exact same way.

I try and do everything myself not only to save money but more important is to make sure it gets done the right way the first time.

I would really like to see your 32

Best of luck. Jimbo

5. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

6. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

I agree with you, a Rat motor is a bunch more hp than a mouse motor
    In THAT context...rat, is a good thing.

welcome from Norco CA

7. moonman29

moonman29

Welcome to the HAMB!! I too am from here in El Paso and working on a few HAMB friendly cars my self. If you need parts or help let me know if I can help. Always willing to give a hand to a fellow enthusiast.

8. kennkat

kennkat

Hello and Welcome from Twain Harte, California

9. FF SIX ONE

FF SIX ONE

Welcome, I three am from the same place you are from.