Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anything that can be done with a duece 4 door sedan?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fourspeedwagon, Nov 11, 2012.

1. I know where I can get a 32 ford, problem is that it's a 4 door sedan.. I've been trying to imagine what the hell I can do with it and not look like what I am (a guy that can't afford a 2 door). Doesn't look like it's gonna be useable to me- is the chassis anything- maybe use it to put an A on? It's a shame but I can't see it. Anybody have a good idea they'll loan me and I'll buy this thing. Thanks fourspeed

2. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

Flip it, trade it.

Use it to get something you really want.

3. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

buy that bitch, hack up the body in some cool weird way, drive it. Think 5 window pickup, or fill the back doors and make a delivery sedan.

OR atleast get it for the chassis

OR pass on it and let a restorer have it.

OR...

4. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

uh, get it build it and drive it. The only 32 I would have is a 4 door.

5. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

The best idea I have is to sell it to me...............you are probably too young for a fordor, its an old man car!! LOL Tell me more about it.

falcongeorge likes this.
  6. You can buy it and build it!

Deuce 4 doors make great hot rods,,or sell it to someone that wants one,,I miss the one I had.

There are a lot of guys here that have great looking Deuce 4 doors.

My old sedan,,HRP

[​IMG]

7. Nice, HRP that looks good.
    My dad is a restorer with cars from the 20s mostly but some newer and older (pierce arrows and the like) so I always think of the 4 door sedan in that context.

Anybody know if the chassis on the fourdoor has the same wheelbase as the others?

8. The 4 door chassis is the same as the coupes,2 door sedans,roadsters and pickups. HRP

9. I don't see the problem. I would love to find a 32 4 door. And when your done people know its a real 32 not a reprodution one.

10. mynode

mynode

Start with a heavy chop, get rid of the divider between the doors and rig the doors with a linkage so they open and close together. You'd have a chopped sedan that was easy to get in and out of.

Attached Files:

11. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

Cut it apart and make yourself a coupe. Has been done a lot on here

12. A 32 fordor as a chopped highboy (think Bonneville look) is wicked.

13. kennkat

kennkat

14. Ya betyter grab it ASAP as it will be gone before ya know it. The frame is the same for all 32's

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

There is NO bad 32 Ford body style, all of them are cool. It would make a super hot rod and certainly different from what a lot of others are running.

I would turn that baby into a neat cruiser in a heartbeat. :)

Don

16. I would like to have a hot rod that 4 or 5 people could ride in

17. It would be safer to say that all '32 fords (except the big trucks) used the same chassis. That way you will include cabriolets, victoria, sport coupes, convertible sedans, station wagons and maybe a few others that we missed. Just for the record I really wanted a four door sedan and spent 5 years looking for one. Glad I finally found one.

Charlie Stephens

18. Fordors look much better as you age. You can carry your wheel chair , walker, potty chair. All the needs.

falcongeorge likes this.
  19. cracker head

cracker head

I want a '32 4 door. Hot rod AND put a family in.....

20. Agree 100% To me, there is no ugly '32 Ford body style. I'd love to have a 4dr.

21. SoCal

SoCal

This is one of my favourites...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. afaulk

afaulk

Wish I had it. I would have no questions! See pics above, SoCal's pics say it all.

23. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

What? yer kidding...right?

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can always drop that old no good four door body off in my driveway. I'm only 9 miles away.

I can see lifting it off and selling it to someone else to rod or restore to help pay for rodding the chassis for another body but to say a 32 4 door sedan isn't worthy is just flat wrong.
    To hack one up to turn it into something else is totally wrong. Somewhere in my photo archives there are photos of a chopped black Deuce four door with a killer engine in it that has been a rod for at least 30 years if not 50 years and is so cool you don't count the doors right off.

By the way. A guy who drives a maroon early Ford Explorer didn't happen to offer that to you did he? There is a scammer running around the valley in a Maroon Ford Explorer trying to get guys to bight on the "old car" he allegedly as to get rid of and asking for gas money to deliver it after he offers to give it to you.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  25. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

Its a 1932 FORD who cares if it has four doors!! Is this guy for real?

32%20lettering%20pic's%20part%202%20039.jpg

1 four door.jpg

2 four door.jpg

3 four door.jpg

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Obviously he has never worked with an old Ford body or he wouldn't come up with that.

27. The four door is actually more rare than the common tudor in 1932. Either build it or sell the body to someone else that wants one. No one looks down on a 4door deuce, its all good.:)

28. I just saw this in a show coverage on another thread, Not my photo.

But here is what can be done with a Duece 4 door !!!!!!!

[​IMG]

29. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I seriously do not understand why 4 doors are so hated in the US, more doors are so cool. The more people you can fit in the more fun you can have. You guys must not understand the concept of 'Mate's' like we Aussies do!
    Get it, build it, or if you have to sell it and get what you want. Just DO NOT, and I say again, DO NOT cut that gorgeous body up to make some ugly phantom.

Doc.

30. & on your other question only your loan officer knows. And as cool as they can be & it being a 32 ford.as a project I know my credit union wouldnt write a loan on it. Way to much hasle really hard to lein on a body/frame as aposed to a done car or new car