Register now to get rid of these ads!

40 chevy pickup seat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motorossi, Nov 10, 2012.

1. motorossi

motorossi
    from jackson ca

i have a 40 chev pickup, i was wondering what bench seat guys are running in them, i do not have the original bottom but i do have a top that latches on the the back part of cab, any suggestions????

2. toolman1967

toolman1967

There are some originals out there running around......Like up in my attic......I would be happy to take some pics and get some dimensions for you. I do not think it would ship well.....I ended up using a set of buckets on mine.

Tim the Toolman

3. motorossi

motorossi
    from jackson ca

hmm ok if you could measure the dimensions i might be able to find something at pick n pull that might fit... thanks

4. The middle seat out of a Chrysler mini van wheel fit, if you like that style.

5. motorossi

motorossi
    from jackson ca

ok ill look at them

6. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I'm running the 3rd row seat on Chev Astro van ---Good seat---with a thin back (at the top) so you save room in the cab, and it folds down. Most in nice condition go for $20 or less. BILL RINALDI

7. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

I've got an excellent condition seat top and bottom from my old '46 that will fit right into yours. I've even got the seat bottom surround that covers the tank in case yours is missing. The one in my truck ws missing and I bought this one but sold the truck before installing it.

If that's not of interest to you I used a third row seat out of a Dodger 12 passneger van. It fit like a glove complete with drop down driver's side arm rest.

Here it is in my '46. Hope this helps:
    [​IMG]

8. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

I installed a third seat out of a late 70s early 80s suburban,fits perfect.There pretty cheap can usualy find them for around $50.00 or less.Most guys take them out right away when they purchase the truck new as there isnt much room to haul anything with it in.

9. motorossi

motorossi
    from jackson ca

that doesnt look to bad at all..i might go look at pick n pull, sounds like middle row van seats and rear suburban seats are the ones to look for, something with a thinner back rest

10. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

We trimmed a little on each side of a S10 seat for our 36 Chev PU. This was actually a easy modification to the seat, just cut some of the foam off and restitch the seat.