Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures who has their car in a movie?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzzybear, Nov 9, 2012.

1. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

I rented my OT red '69 Chevelle for the movie Signs Of Life filmed up here in Maine...

2. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

I think he was down playing the facts, not trying to be a braggart.

3. 48stude

48stude

My Stude was in" Bad Rods" Bill

4. Sold my 46 Ford Super Deluxe to the Marvel lot for the "Captain America the first avenger" film a couple of years ago, went to the cinema when it came out with eyes peeled and think I spotted it parked in a backstreet during one chase scene or another.

5. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

I have heard that the movie people dont allways take good care of the cars. So beware and ask the right questions.

6. I have evidance of that. I went nuts when I saw what Andy did to my car. They said that my car would be looked after. My windshield was stolen and they replaced it with a pos repro.

Tim

7. Gromit

Gromit

I got a new windshield, new interior panels when they lost mine (my choice in manufacturer) as well as new window felts and "movie" quality paint. Just be clear what you expect. They have the money to spend.. they also gave it a tune up lol!
    :D

8. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

+1 for plays as well. My dads buddy had a Carson topped '58 Buick called "lavender and lace", rented it to the St. Louis muny for a production of Grease. (It was supposed to be the "finished" version of greased lightning) ....anyway, one of the stagehands moving the car decided to run the ENTIRE side of the car down a concrete pole....needless to say it didn't make it into the play.

9. Gave it a tune up indeed. Wess Cooper had balanced the duel Winfields and Kong had a prototype ignition on the banger. It ran so good that they gave it a tune up by disconection one of the Winfields (log manifold).

Tim

10. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

When I lived in Calif. I once owned the 33 plymouth 4 door sedan that was the sheriff's car in a chase after Bonnie and Clyde in the movie Bonnie and Clyde. In the chase, the car couldn't quite make turn and rolled on its left side and damaged the fender edges and the edge of the roof.

11. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I got filmed in an alley while they were shooting "McQ" (John Wayne) in Seattle. We were in my O/T 65 Excalibur and they director had the cameraman shoot us for a few minutes, but we never showed up in the film and never had to sign a release - so close....and yet so far away.

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I rented my 55 Nomad to "Home Improvement".:rolleyes:

13. AntiBling

AntiBling

The one they used for a bunch of episodes or just the one they crushed?

14. some cool stories. keep 'em coming

15. My '34 pickup was in the movie, Red Dirt Rising.

Here are a couple stills from the movie. That's my green '34 pickup in the center picture.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  16. 41 C28

41 C28

My 41 Chrysler was used in a movie called "The Public Eye" filmed in Cincy back in the 80's but its footage was left on the cutting room floor.
    Still got paid for it.

17. I didn't actually have "my" car in a movie but in the late 70's I worked on a few movie cars for a James Caan movie filmed in Buffalo, NY called "Hide in Plain Sight".

I was working for a shop where we had to make 3 '61 Fords look identical in every way and resurrect a mid 60's Corvette, brought in on a flatbed, that was only going to be wrecked in the movie anyway.

I was able to find a movie trailer that included 1 of the Fords.

18. My 63 Galaxie was in escape from Jackson count jail Tommie Lee Jones and in the Car with James Brolin. both were street shots one from 1976 the other from 1977 James was liveing in Paso at the time no fee paid but was still kind of cool

19. Never in the movies but I loaned my OT 4wd pickup to a certain movie star so he and his wife could cruise his 1000 acre ranch during a visit. He didnt break a thing!

20. derbydad276

derbydad276

21. In the movie "Cold Turkey" starring Dick Van Dyke, my grandfather's street legal train locomotive was used, and he was also the 'engineer' and is in the background of a long scene.

The train was on a 2 ton truck chassis with a flathead at first, then a SBC. Story goes my dad and grandpa we're on their way to a parade and a limo flagged them down and wanted it in the movie.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

22. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

I would never lend anybody my car and let them drive it, or jack with it. I don't care what movie they put it in, nobody drives my car but me. I don't even like people riding with me. Not that I'm that anal or OCD, but most people just don't have any respect for vintage tin.
    Just sayin.

23. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

My 58 Chrysler is the car featured in the Disney movie 'Holes'.

Attached Files:

24. Cool! I remember the car stealing the scene from Signorey Weaver.

Posted from a paper airplane.

25. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

I saw one of these movies when I was a kid. It's funny I've been trying to remember the name of the movie for the last couple of weeks. I remembered the Roadster Pickup and Andy Griffith being in it. I didn't realize it was two movies. The closest my truck has been is the background of an episode of Fast and Loud. Right above the white spot in the screen from my flash. I'm not sure I should admit that though. :D

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

26. alanwoodieman

alanwoodieman

My 62 Impala was in the movie "Coupe deville" watch the scene with the girl on the tractor, my red 62 was behind the coupe

27. oldschoolgasser55

oldschoolgasser55

i put my van in a vietnam documentary for the veterans adminestration
    :D:cool:

Attached Files:

28. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

My 53 chevy coupe was in this local Denver filmed movie called "spotless" around 2004 I think. It made it to the film festival for some reason.Nice people to deal with, paid me just fine...But, man o' man what a bad movie. Kind of fun to be around the flming though. They hired a buddys 62 chrysler as well.

Attached Files:

29. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

ive never had a car in a movie,,unless you count Hot Rod TV ,,which my 56 was on it for like 1/2 a second....BUT,,when a few years back(more like 20) fresh outta HS i came out as a background filler on Seindfield/Dougiehouser/BeverlyHills 90210 and several movies....BUT..i DID buy this old ex EASYRIDERS feature bike off off the original JIMMY SHINE directlty from him back in 1992 ,,,Gary Grahm,,,the guy from HOLLY WOOD KNIGHTS,,,,,kicked it at his pad up in thee HOLLY WOOD HILLS,,,SUPPOSEDLY this bike was painted and striped by WATSON,,,,,havent been able to verify,,,but wish someone might be able to help with that...

[​IMG]