Register now to get rid of these ads!

I just bought back into rods!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TurboX2, Nov 6, 2012.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Good luck with the plans for it. Man, I can't believe someone thought that front end would look nice. That's the first thing I'd toss out.

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Come on guys, give him a break. He bought a car, knowing it needs some things done, and is planning on doing those as time and money permit. All of us who have bought someone else's car have done exactly that same thing. The reason he got into it at the right price was because of some of the items that need changed, probably.

I think it has tons of promise, and the things you have mentioned changing sound really good to me. I think what makes some of the not so cool parts of the car stand out right now is the bright red paint, contrasting against the black.

Looking forward to seeing how you make this one your own. :)

Don

3. I concur^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4. outlaw256

outlaw256

well im glad you got another frame not so much as it needed one but because now you may want to get ride of one and im needin one...get my point..lol

5. Pugly

Pugly

some people build chit not for looks but for function...
    congrats on yer purchase.. glad to see you got plans fer it. my first purchase would be a couple of cans of black spray paint.. :)

6. I agree, that the overall appearance would be much better if you just painted all the red parts black. The red really draws your eye to the IFS and the fuel tank.
    Also, good luck on finding the period (.) on your keyboard!

~Alden

7. I have to disagree with you there- if he didn't build it for looks, then he wouldn't have painted the chassis screaming/flaming barn door red :eek::D!!!

This car shows the signs of someone who knew just enough to get himself into trouble-

"Yeah, it'll sell if it has a Mustang II front"... "Yeah, everybody wants a roadster- just cut th' top off"... "Yeah, yeah, yeah"... you get the point.

TurboX2, I'm glad you got a new chassis, because I wouldn't trust the one the P.O. built! It's a good start, with a good body and plenty of trading material.

8. deto

deto

I think you should give it a pastel paint scheme and stash it in a barn for 50 years... Boom! 1990's barn find. You will be a celebrity on here for at least a week. You just have to wait 50 years...

9. Muttley

Muttley

I hope you got it dirt cheap (say less than $50) 'cause with the coin you will spend to remove the ugly you could have just bought/built something cool in the first place. And memo to all the "build it your way" guys posting on this thread....................this is the HAMB, not some faggy one size fits all car site, stick to the script or take a hike.

10. slammed

slammed

Yes!

11. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

wow! this might get good!

12. TurboX2

TurboX2

The frame was not correct year so back to the drawing board. I looked over the different parts that I have and decided to start with the frame and cut it down clean and start over. This will get me rolling this next week. This will rid it of the frontend and let me change everything. Frame will be a dark dark charcoal color or stright up black.

13. Its your car, build it to what you like. Its a good start.

14. And I'll bet the biggest thing that bunched up these guys panties is the title to the thread "I just bought back into rods!". For a lot of them (me included) its a lifestyle, not a number on a check. It takes more than $50,000 and 50 miles to be a hot rodder.:cool:

15. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Awww don't scare him away! lolololol ;) He will learn.
    Hey Turbox2 keep us posted on your progress and include some pics.
    Jay

16. TurboX2

TurboX2

LMAO! Yes I see how that would piss some off I will try to reword my statements better from now on. Starting tonight I will be breaking everything down and getting to bussiness. I will start a new therad on the frame rebuild. Maybe I should call it trying to fix ugly! LOL!

17. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Good thread title man!

18. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Yep! Sometimes it is all in the wording. Good Luck with it.