Register now to get rid of these ads!

How long for brassworks?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nelson31, Nov 8, 2012.

1. nelson31

nelson31
    from Santa Cruz

Anyone know what the wait time is for a brassworks radiator? I hear really good things but have been playing hell getting a hold of anyone there. Placed an order on the 24th of September and now cannot get through to anyone. Are they that busy???

Thanks

2. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Really? I think Lee had mine done in about 3 weeks.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It's been over 25 years since I ordered mine from them, and they had me send a cardboard template as it is REALLY chopped, but i think it took only about a month or so. I bet they are just busy but when you get your radiator you will be happy, I'm sure. They do great work.

What are you getting when you call ?

Don

4. nelson31

nelson31
    from Santa Cruz

Twice I've gotten a busy signal and once I left a message. Just wondering if I should be patience or send a search party.

Thanks for the replys

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

They also have an email address and fax line on their website, you might try sending a quick note on one or both of those.

Don

6. Be patient, you ordered a custom radiator, not a taco from del taco. Its a small operation that does outstanding work.

7. 343WINDOW

343WINDOW

When I ordered mine, they told me it would be about ten weeks. It ended up being six and I received it last week...it's quality work and well worth the wait!

8. JimSwann

JimSwann

Six weeks for mine, well worth the wait.

9. Lee Chamberlain

Lee Chamberlain

We are a custom manufacturer so depending upon the time of year, the complexity of the jobs and availability of materials we can range between 2 to 11 weeks. We do our best to communicate this at the time of ordering but like restorations, nothing ever seems to be predictable and we will not rush the work. We work 5.5 days a weeks but unfortunately I have to let ours guys see their kids and wives at night and weekends. This radiator shipped in 8.44 weeks.

Lee
    The Brassworks

10. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Worth the wait,quality work!

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It's really nice when someone like Lee comes on to set the record straight.

Like I mentioned, my radiator is about 25 years old and still keeping my engine at 180, even here in Florida, and it is chopped 8.5 inches shorter than a stock 32 radiator. Walker wouldn't build me one because they said it wouldn't cool, being that short. The Brassworks assured me they could do it and they were right.

You will be very happy when you get yours, I'm sure.

Don

As you can see, my radiator is less than optimal size, but it cools the 331 Ford just fine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  12. nelson31

nelson31
    from Santa Cruz

Thanks to all the replys, got a call on Friday morning and the radiator was ready to ship!! I am excited to get it on Monday!!!!

And thank you to Lee for making it happen. Was not trying to stir the pot at all, just excited to drive my 31 again.

Thanks all. :)

13. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Three weeks for mine, also a custom builld. The best!

Attached Files:

14. Normbc9

Normbc9

I think they are a very talented and quality manufacturer of radiator products. It is all hand done and custom. BUT.. to insure the consistency of all that, it is a small operation. Call them and ask for yourself. They are very friendly and also people oriented.
    Normnc9