Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lake Pipes or Ram Horns?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rc32tx, Nov 8, 2012.

1. rc32tx

rc32tx

I had planned to use stock sbc ram horns on my 283 in my 32 truck.
    I do have a lake pipe kit from speedway (not built yet) that I had planned to use on my 56 nailhead, though, I am thinking about using it on the 283 instead. I'm not using a hood on the truck, so I would not have an issue with the hood sides. I would keep the look traditional of course.

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I don't think you mean lakes PIPES, it think you mean lakes HEADERS, the megaphone shaped ones. If that is what you are referring to, they look fine with the era. Lakes pipes are the chrome exhaust pipes you see running along the rocker panels of customs, generally.

Don

3. rc32tx

rc32tx

Don,

You are correct. I may give Matt at Gear Drive a call. He's got those cool
    '35 Ford style cones.

Thanks,
    RC

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yeah, Matt is a cool guy and honest businessman. He will be able to steer you right. His components are heavier quality than what Speedway carries from what I have seen. We used some of his parts to build a set of lakes headers and they were very good quality.

You might consider having him finish them up. If we didn't have an odd layout that needed the car there to make them fit we would have had him do them. He has it down to a science and they are a bitch to do on your own and get them right.

Don