Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. So, a little ROG news... I was to meet with mayor Dave of Allenhurst last Saturday. With the devastation that happen, I only reached out and said I'm here for you guys in anyway. I exspressed my gratitude for all he did for us and stated I was indebted to his town. He said... It was the other way around. Crazy! The Saturday meeting we were going to talk about some runs on the beach in Spring to possible qualify

2. ...for the 2nd Annual ROG. So in due time we'll talk further. They were pumped on it and still thrilled with the crowd and the action on the beach.

I also got a call from Donald Trumps real estate guy whom attended the race. He loved it and told me Asbury Park would probably love in on this action too. More weirdness!

3. More trees are coming down as we speak. F um! Can't race trees... Or I could build that boat tail. Hmmm

We are hoping to get the keys and paperwork to get into that new store/shop space soon. We may use it for the Oilers donation headquarters as my buddies scored. Two 18 wheelers of clothes, toothbrushes

4. Etc... Damn app is tough to edit.

I'm already planning the 1st party at the new space. It's going to be sick. It will be an exhibition of wheels for sure. It's actually inspired by Sandy.

Looking forward to getting back to work.

5. Who was the owner of this? Yowza

Attached Files:

6. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I don't remember his name but he was a really nice guy. The car is beautiful inside and out. Flathead power too!

7. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

The '40 Sedan Delivery is a recent acquisition of Carl Christiansen, 40LUV on here....

A nice guy from Pennington, NJ

CB

8. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

An udder angle.

[​IMG]

9. Miles Long

Miles Long

10. repoman

repoman

11. Elrod

Elrod

:(
    I saw that too and closed the article.

12. Miles Long

Miles Long

I'm sorry if I offended any HAMB'ers with my choice of terminology. I didn't find out until this morning (after the article was published) that you found that term offensive. The whole idea of the article was to get the word out to the drag racing community in general of how great of an event it was and to give Mel some props for getting it done. Please let me slide this one time, it won't happen again.

13. Mr. Long, you just don't get it, do you?

Like insulting the prettiest girl at the sock hop, then asking her to dance...

Mmm, just read your explanation- that's why writers do research BEFORE they write.

14. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Give the guy a break. It's obvious that he didn't have bad intentions

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Well said Mac! First impressions allways matter this dude made my list. Bob

16. I correct 1 to 3 people a day that traditional fords are hot rods. No big deal!

Its just us teaching the masses that are thrilled with us, building cool stuff. The term is so widely used, people don't mean to be offensive.

Thanks Miles for the nice press! It means a lot to me.

17. Sandy killed my buzz

18. Miles Long

Miles Long

Hey Mel! Thanks a lot! You know I've supported you since the Asbury Lanes days and I know you took some crap form the Harley guys when my friend Rich and I brought that '65 Honda 305 Dream to the "Motor Speedway" and ran it... Glad you liked the article!

Miles

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  19. Sick shot!

Attached Files:

20. It's true, u drive a Honda and don't know much. I still like u! Haaa

21. Joe Oz at the house for pre race prop work. Riding in style

Attached Files:

22. Beach boys!

Attached Files:

23. For the cause! Of what... I'm not sure?

Attached Files:

24. Wahooooo

Attached Files:

25. Brother Sheets

Attached Files:

26. Beach fight!

Attached Files:

27. Return road

Attached Files:

28. Love this guy. Real talent, shitty racer! Haa

Attached Files:

29. Doing it!