Register now to get rid of these ads!

jamco suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rust runner, Oct 10, 2012.

1. contrary to what others have said about jamco orders and ordering, my experience with them was great. i placed an order a week ago via email only to have them promptly call me with a problem with my address. used jct. instead of junction in the address and ups wouldn't accept it. got it straightened out and was told it would be sent that afternoon which it was. customer sevice was great as was the quality of the product.

2. Floor

Floor
    from Belgium

I ordered online about 8weeks ago, been trying to get an update by mail and phone ever since... No succes so far.... Guess they don't want my green....

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I ordered springs for my Riviera on Sept. 10. Got them on thursday... Slow to answer emails, but no drama and product looks great.

4. 5window

5window

That's great. But, there seems to be a great discrepancy in delivery and a continued lack of customer response. Is it possible you got preferential treatment?

5. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I got my order in about a week too, well made parts that actually fit. It must be hit and miss or parts that are actually in stock or something.

6. big creep

big creep

so are they back on track, or are people having problems still? someone said that the son took over shipping and managing, is this true?

7. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

40 or so days doesn't seem like preferential treatment to me;)

8. Cooon

Cooon

Bang on a year ago I ordered a disc brake conversion for '51 ford. Still I have not seen it, a few months ago he said he had no idea why he had not sent out my order yet, said he would do it in the next week. Yet still, I see or hear nothing. I cannot get through on the phone, he doesnt return emails. For the price i paid for the items, its well over 2 weeks pay and to not see or really hear of anything in 1 year is really quite frustrating. Let alone still having to put up with the drum brakes!

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, beats me... I don't really have a dog in this fight as Jamco is no longer an Alliance Vendor. Obviously, they have some real issues that I don't have answers for.

10. cruzace

cruzace
    from tustin

I've always had good luck with Jamco, in fact just ordered suspension for a 51 Hudson.
    They just moved to Fullerton CA about a week ago so I'm sure that slowed some things down.

11. volksnuts

volksnuts
    from Katy,TX

their lowering kit for the 55 Ford looks great, but I wonder if there is someone else that sells a complete kit like that?

I'm not the gambling type, but I would like to get my Ford sitting lower

12. slammed

slammed

Seems to be? You know there is. Jamco are up and down the scale and have been for quite a while.

13. jonly

jonly

I ordered a full kit for a riviera a year ago, received the coils after a few months, never saw the rest of the order.
    they will not return my PMs, phone calls, or emails.

14. Madillac

Madillac
    from Tonka, MN

I ordered a lowering kit in April and got the springs right away. The shocks on the other hand must have been lost in the shuffle. After calls and emails for 5 months I went on their Facebook page and made it known that I was still waiting. Got the shocks a week later.

15. Constructionbob

Constructionbob

I don't want any drama... but. My buddy, Jonas Hofving, "snokeboarn" at HAMB, ordered an lowering front kit for his ´49 Fleetline in april. Jamco has withdrawn 629.95 $ from his account 2012 april 10. Jamco did respond when we reordered ( as we assumed something where wrong as there where no response.. like a order number...) asking if he wanted one more... this was in may.. Jonas have mailed several times, still have no answers since may, when Jamco told they where delivering following week. Now we have 19 nov. We ordered as we have understand Jamco´s stuff is great.. how would we know????

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  16. RawDeal

RawDeal
    from Austria

I still could kick myself for placing an overseas order at jamco!
    they immediately replied my request for shipping costs, so I ordered.
    then charged my credit card and from this point on there was no reply to my emails anymore....

17. Wow! This is totally unacceptable! Does it seem like they might especially be taking advantage of overseas buyers, assuming that they would have little recourse?

18. RawDeal

RawDeal
    from Austria

I don't think or hope it is because we are overseas, I guess it is just horrible customer service in general

19. 5window

5window

Given Post #9, you know that they are well aware of who can be screwed and have no compunction about doing it. I am just amazed that they can continue to abuse so many customers for so long.

20. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

They can only abuse customers with potential customers continued cooperation. I don't have a dog in this fight.....but after ALL the 'bad press" JAMCO has received on this forum for quite some time......who......in their right mind...would order anything from these folks.

Seems to me, if they are serious about wanting to remain in business, they got a heap of fence to mend and the only safe way to buy is C.O.D.

And that, only of you are willing to wait forever to see if the parts show up. But at least you wouldn't have money tied up in advance.

Ray

21. Constructionbob

Constructionbob

Do they really have stuff to sell in Fullerton?!?
    It´s just 20 hours away.. and allready payed for.

22. swekustom

swekustom
    from Sweden

Dont buy from jamco. I got so screwed. 1,5 years since i placed the order. Finally got new parts. Still fucked up. Now Im gonna try to find a company in sweden that can fix my parts. Im so fed up with jamco. Dont order from Jamco is my suggestion. Saves you a lot of headake.

23. swekustom

swekustom
    from Sweden