Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Rik Hoving's FIRST Custom Car book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rikster, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Rikster

Rikster

The print proofs have been checked... multiple times. I did a few small correction and send the new pdf files to the printer. Those will be send back to me as new print proofs... since you never know what might happen in the process.
    The planning is that either on Monday or Tuesday the printer will start printing.

The printing will be done in offset and the cover will be a heavy hardboard cover.

2. chaw5634

chaw5634

Brilliant well done Rik

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Great stuff, looking foward to getting my hands on a copy.

4. radio_king

radio_king

Too cool,can`t wait to get a copy!

5. Michelley

Michelley

Not yer mutha's
    Pantone Tangerine Tango!
    Rik Hoving's

The Jack Stewart Ford
    is a
    Luminous Insight
    through the
    Flamboyant Windshield
    of
    Custom Car Works.
    "Wonderful Things"
    to be
    Seen
    in this
    Unsealed Papyri.
    ~Michelley

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  6. jivin jer

jivin jer

WELL, ALL RIGHT! This is one way of dealing with whats NOT HAPPENING out there, huh? Congrats, from what I can see it looks like a knock out. This will get easier rather than harder. Another fan in the peanut gallery cheering you on. Jer

7. Very cool Rik!! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy I am sure it will be amazing!!

8. jick

jick
    from london

great stuff Rik! maybe this could be the first in a loooong series!

9. Skull King

Skull King

I wish you the best with your first book. I hope it is the first of many more to come.

10. Good luck, I'll be looking forward to buying a copy when it's available. I can tell that you put a ton of work into that book. Congratulations!

11. carbuilder

carbuilder

put me on the want a copy list

12. Rikster

Rikster

Time for an update on my Jack Stewart Ford Book.

Last week the book has been printed at Narayana Press in Denmark. Yesterday I received the first printed version of the book. Not a completed book yet, just all the printed pages cut, folded like the real book will be and wrapped around with the cover paper which has not yet been added to the hard board to create the cover. And WOW.... it looks good.
    After working on this book for over a year it is really fantastic to hold the near end product in my hands.

The printed sheets are now at the binder – also in Denmark – who will create the books in the next two weeks. After that I will be driving to Denmark and pick up a portion of the books. By then the new website will be up and the book can be ordered from there. And if you plan to go to the GNRS in January, we will be there selling the books. And Jack Stewart will also be there to sign your copy.
    The photo below was taken at the printer and shows just a few of the many stacks of printed sheets for the book.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another photo from my upcoming book shows the printer checking on one of the sheets. This sheet contains both the opening and closing spreads. two spreads of the Research trip chapter and the Analyses section.

[​IMG]

This photo shows one of the many black color plates that go into the printing machine.
    Four of these, one for each color (cyan, magenta, yellow and black) are needed to print the sheets for the book.

[​IMG]

And here is a photo of the same sheet fresh out of the printer with all four colors on it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  13. I can't wait Rik! Thanks for showing some of the process involved pretty neat stuff!

14. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Wow Rik
    Just saw the first print at Palles place, what a fantastic quality
    This is every Kustom lovers wish for Christmas

Congratulation again, Rik

Tim

15. Rikster

Rikster

This is how far the book is right now.

The printer send me the first printed sheets, all neatly cut and folded just like the real book will be. But just as loose pages, not sewn together and not bound inside a hard cover like the finished book will be. The cover paper is just wrapped around the pages in this photo.
    And yes the cover does look a whole lot better than in the photo below, and I can also take better pictures... but I like to save something for once the book comes out :)

[​IMG]

Some detail shots...

[​IMG]

The photo below shows a small portion of some documents about the pearl paint that was used on the Golden Sahara II. This is part of the Jim Skonzakes chapter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  16. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Your feeling for detail is outstanding, Rik!
    Looking forward to the release. :)

17. I can't wait to get a copy.Looks so good.

18. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

That's awesome, can't wait to get a copy...

19. Oh I want a copy !

20. Looks GREAT Rik! Can't wait to get my grubby hands on a copy!

21. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Thats goin to keep company to Watson's book. And for once i will not pay more in shipping than the item :D
    Will be my own xmas present to myself.

22. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

I want one NOW !!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

23. Wish I could make it to GNRS for the book and signing, but the military has other travel plans for me during that time.

24. Ralph Turnberg

Ralph Turnberg
    Member Emeritus

Looking onto getting to the GRNS. Gonna get the book one way or the other. Rik, you are amazing!

25. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW Thanks for putting all that history into a book . Thank you for all the research you have done.

26. Looks like another "have to have" publication....Looking forward to getting it Rik.

27. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Dayum Rik, that is amazing. CONGRATULATIONS on this first (of many hint hint) books. I've spent countless hours on your picture site and just am amazed at your collection and wealth of knowledge. I'm soo thankfull for your dedication to the custom world. I'm definiatly in line waiting to purchase a copy or two.... A huge thanks also for the cool pictures of the printing shop and process, that is awesome in it's own right.

28. Can't wait Rik! My only sadness is I won't be making the GNRS this year so will miss getting you see you again and having Jack sign my copy.

29. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Uhhhhh...maybe some kind West Coaster can organize something for guys who cannot possibly make the trip, to get some of these copies, signed and all??????

30. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

I for one am EXTRA excited!!!!! :)