Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any pontiac chieftain guys out there

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jdixon82c30, Nov 7, 2012.

1. jdixon82c30

jdixon82c30
    from Maryland

ive got a 51 chief my plans are to build a frame from 2x3 box with a s10 front supension clip full air ride and build a sheetmetal floor to replace the exsiting floor.. i was just wondering if theres anyone out there doin anything like this to a chief id love to hear/see your suggestions/info and pics of whats out there !!!!!!!!!

2. Quintin

Quintin

ive got the front end of one in my garage. i have most of the chrome for it so if you need any PM me

3. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

'57 Chieftain!
    Old frame and suspension.

4. Drivinford

Drivinford

I got a four door if u need anything. Good luck on the build. Keep us posted on it

5. castleman1111

castleman1111

hey!! what cha want to know?

6. SIX_94Y

SIX_94Y
    from Australia

Same kind of plan with my 50 pontiac, 4x2" main frame rails olds style ladder bar setup (truck arms) and jaguar front crossmember. Got all the pieces, just need the time to do it!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. What's wrong with the original frame? Hard to beat with that big X in the middle of it.

8. Ive always loved the 55's.[​IMG]

9. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

mine is a catalina but i have this frame on a chieftain first.

79 ta front, c1o truck rear arms
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. blktie

blktie

1954 Pontiac Chieftan. Fat Man front end, GM crate motor, 700R Trans, Vintage hear/air. Interior is redone, but basically stock and no extra power equipment except for GM steering column.

11. jdixon82c30

jdixon82c30
    from Maryland

Nothings wrong with the frame just wanted to do a custom air ride frame I'm just kind of gathering the parts to get it started but hopefully before the new year I will be starting the frame I'm waiting on a friend of mine to finish up with the frame table but like the pics (the chief) frame is great I'm trying to keep it pretty original on the outside but underneath all new modern stuff I will be starting a build threat as soon as I get started so feel free to follow and comment as I go thanks