Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage >>>SUGAR CITY SPEED SHOP Invades Austin!!! Hot Rod Revolution 2012<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Nov 7, 2012.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Haha!!! The weird thing is Skeeter remembers most of it the next day and we calculated him to have drank over 24 beers that evening. Not sure if that's a lot since I'm a square and don't partake but it seemed like a lot!

2. Desaturated, cool.
    However you got that effect, they're killer pictures.
    Thanks again!

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'll keep that in mind for next time however, I really hate doing these threads so don't hold your breath for the next one. It took me 2 hours to build this stupid thing come to find out it's being critiqued hahahaha!!!! I get what you're saying. If I only posted 5 photos it probably would have been alright for the geeks like you and me that notice things like this.

4. Ah, keep 'em coming, I'll shut up. I'm just jealous I wasn't there.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Only ones I have left are the ones of the metal work that Luke and the rest of ASS is doing on a Zephyr. This is probably the most amazing metal work I've seen in a long time. Incredible!!!!

Complete hand made floors...
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/sugarcityspeedshop/8162776475/" title="IMG_6536 by Sugar City Speed Shop, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

Firewall and inner fenders made from scratch and louvered on a pull max...
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/sugarcityspeedshop/8162776585/" title="IMG_6535 by Sugar City Speed Shop, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. autobilly

autobilly

I drink beer, 24 full strength beers is enough!:D

7. Great photos,,equally a interesting read,,thanks for taking the time. HRP

8. Depends if they're Canadian beers or not... :D

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

It was good getting to hang out with you and Skeeter (as well as everyone else) this weekend. Great times! Now if I could get my A up and driving next year so I don't have to roll in a late model. :rolleyes:

10. BLAKE

BLAKE

Great coverage, and great hanging with you guys... come back any time (stay with Paul).

11. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

good to finally meet you in person, sorry we could hang out longer. maybe next time.

glad you liked our stuff.

-danny

12. Nominal

Nominal

Thanks for the story and pics. I liked the aesthetics, and it sounds like you had a great time in Texas.

13. Great write-up and pics JJ, thanks man! Congrats with the BOS pick too! That's one nice car ya got there, glad it's gettin' out and around now.

Poor ol' Skeeter, ya just can't take 'im anywhere can ya?:D Guess he's on step 13 again....back ta drinkin'. :D:D:D Wooohooo....doin' Concord proud!!

14. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Great story JJ......pics are cool ....brings back memories....scoping the staggered four set ups....gona finish mine this winter ....congrats on the reward...well deserved.

15. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Great story for the ones that couldn't be there. I hate we missed the Skeeter Show, but wifey flew in and we had to go rescue her. Glad we finally got to meet and look forward to seeing the Sugar City crew somewhere down the road.

Once again, congrats on the trophy. Love that car.

Later,
    Kevin

16. Dave50

Dave50

JJ Thanks for letting us roll along with you and thank for the great pics!! CYA soon

17. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kudos on the trophy! Car looks fantastic!

18. Great story and pics. Sounds like skeeter had a good time, Everybodys been "Skeetered" before.

19. bonesy

bonesy

Wow - what great coverage. Thanks for putting in the serious effort it takes to cover a show the way you did.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks everyone for the positive words!!! It was great meeting everyone!

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I should probably publicly thank Skeeter for coming with. He made the trip fun and was a real trooper through it all. Would have not been the same had he didn't go. Thanks bud!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

22. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

fun times! thanks man it was a great weekend! your car is kick ass! skeeter is a homo, but golden for sure..... a golden homo... haha

23. JJK

JJK

Great pictures and story, it was really great meeting you and Skeeter.

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Truer words have never been spoken. Hahaha!!!!!

Yeah for sure!!! Thanks so much!

25. brady1929

brady1929

Thanks for the great pics

26. JJ, Thank's for taking the time to post such great photos and write a good story to go along with them. Sure wish I could have made it. May-be next year as it is on my bucket list for sure.

27. AREA51SD

AREA51SD

Big Thanks for the Photos & Stories. Texas is Great state, never forget the time working out in Denton ,TX. Hope you can make a yearly gig for your company.

PB

28. Thanks for the great photos and the equally great story - love your writing and the way you tell a story.

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

No problem guys. Glad you guys like it and maybe a few more will head out to Austin next year!

Lots of fun to be had and there's always a test trial in April for the Roundup. I'll be definitely hitting that one again as well.

30. Elrod

Elrod

Ha! Why? Because he was trying to wipe his spilled beer off your crotch for an inappropriate amount of time?? I think he was just star struck Bob!

Great pics JJ! Don't hesitate to head back this way anytime and I'll be more than sure to hook up with you guys if I'm ever out that way.

I wish we were doing it again this up-coming weekend!