Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Front rims",

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer32, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1320/150

1320/150

My cars weigh alot more than your car. I have never had a problem. I find them easier to steer. I have a set on the front of my 3400 daily driver station wagon (83 malibu). They even work good in the snow.

I think if you drive your car idiotic your gonna have problems no matter how wide or narrow your front tires are!!!

2. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Very nice,,1320/150,,i'll keep you posted,,,even if I did go to 4.5's,,,I'd still get the same style gassers.

3. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Thank You Joker!!

4. Scumdog

Scumdog

Nothing wrong with your present set-up, both in looks and safety.

5. Scumdog

Scumdog

Yep, they're great - up until the point where things go pear-shaped.

I've had the experience of a spin-out that popped my skinny 'lil front tyre off the rim one day, a 165X15" radial on a 4" rim..

No more skinny tyres for this guy!

6. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Good info Scumdog!!

7. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Couldn't agree more here!

6 inch or 4.5 inch wheels it still looks gold chainer to me with those flames and side pipes!
    Jay

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  8. 1320/150

1320/150

?? Don't get it?

I bet you I could get a six inch rim to loose its 225/60/15 if I try hard enough.

Something tells me the OP doesn't drive this car everyday. I also have a good feeling he isn't going to be going through any slolum coarses anytime soon.

With that said I think cars like his,and gassers look like ass with big front wheels/tires!!!

9. A Boner

A Boner

Does anyone make round bias ply tires that would fit on 4 1/2" rims?

10. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Well,,,,I bet I've won more trophies than you ever have and unless 99.9% of the people who love the way my Rods looks are lying,,,,,you better clean your eyeglasses!!
    But it is Your opinion and to each his own,,,,,any pics of your car??
    and ps,,,,,,,,,,never owned a gold chain in my freeekin life,,,

11. 117harv

117harv

Yes, these, I plan to run them on my coupe.

Attached Files:

12. Easy there cowboy, somebody else is going the need a comma tonight.

asking for opinions on the hamb is---- well, you know

13. They give trophies for this shit?

Keep the tires and wheels. Looks fine, it must, you've won all those trophies!

14. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Double that and get rid of the disc brakes while you're at it

15. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

x2
    have you saw his 55 chevy in is avatar?

16. Put up a poll-
    This
    [​IMG]

Or this

[​IMG]

and remember that hambers are way different than the local bunch hanging out at Dairy Queen on saturday night.

The second pic gives me a calming sense of well being - the first pic makes me sort of antsy,,, thats a nice way of saying it

17. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

31 Vicki,,,,I guess your right about "hambers",,,,,but aren't they the same folks that dis other folks who rods aren't "period correct" but then they have Fords with chevy engines in them?
    I really liked the way"My" rod looked when "I" first had it built,,that is the way I wanted it to look,,,,but all my other rides have always been "just a little different" than the rest of the pack and that's the way I went with this one as well and I love it!
    ps,,maybe I'm not as old and wise as some of you on this forum,,,and maybe like you say,the look makes you sort of "antsy",,,well that's pretty much me in a nutshell!!!
    Also,,,I did ask for opinions and I don't expexct all of them to be positive.
    Take care.

18. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Yeah they do,,,I guess there a sucker born every day!!!
    ps,,I know a lot of folks who would love to have this piece of shit...:D
    thanks for the opinion,,,,I still might go skinnies up front though.

19. [​IMG]
    Thiss

20. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Yep pic #3 gets my vote, the gold chainer comment is more about the fact that you paid someone to build you a nice street rod not what you wear.
    I'd keep the 6" and radials to keep more rubber on the road.

Scotty

21. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

What he said... Those flames make it a streetrod. It would be hard to lose the flames considering how much you probably paid for them.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  22. outlaw256

outlaw256

well i run 4.5 rims on my wagon in my avatar and old 3.5 cragars on a 55. both fast and heavy. seem to drive just fine.but i wouldnt go to all the trouble or expence for 1.5 inches. maybe just run the smallest tire you can on the 6. oh and i go with pic # 2. we paint flames and ive always thought those style of flames were to busy. to much goin on. kinda takes away from the rest of the car. thou those appear to be done good.but your eyes dont seem to look much at the car just all that flame.

23. edweird

edweird

for what its worth, any mid 80;s or early 90;s g body gm cars have

space saver spares that are perfrct for front skinnies. just dont use the tires, i think the rims are 4 and a half x 15, i;m using 2 of them.

24. banginona40

banginona40

I'd leave the wheels alone. Cool car! I like HAMB friendly but some how my cars don't seem to quite fit in that genre either. Radial tires wrong engine and trans combo. Oh well, still love the HAMB.

25. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Well said,,,thanks!!

26. Didn't call your car a piece of shit. I was referring to awarding trophies in our hobby. Kinda silly if you ask me.
    I like your car. I'd love to own it. Hate the flavor of the week flames, but that's not what you asked about. If you drive it like I would, you'd want all the tire and brakes you could fit on it!

FWIW, nothing wrong with two sets of wheels. I plan to swap mine between two cars, depending what I happen to be doing with the cars at the time.(both will see the track and the street.)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  27. Here's my honest to goodness opinion.

If you look at second pic, the wheel and tire combo looks vintage and nice, it works very very well together. They are clean, handsom wheels. You notice the car as a whole- not one piece sticks out more than any other. Narrow front runners would work well here especially to enhance the performance attitude.

Let's call that the classic " little black dress and high heals" look and you can take that anywhere! !

Now all BS aside,
    the first or current pic looses a lot of that if not all of it.
    We have a coupe, pipes, flames, aluminum framed in orange, vintage wheels.
    That doesn't go together so well because it can't really be appreciated as whole, you see parts.

I'm going call this look " the sexually frustrated librarian that wants to be a hooker"

The main part that's noticed is the flames. OK if you like that, then go with it and choose some wheels that are more fitting to that look. That compliment the pipes or at least don't clash. Vintage styled wheels is not it nor would narrow front runners help at all but likely make it worse.

You could try and swap a black grille back onto it , that may help quite a bit.

28. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

This is a traditional hot rod and Custom forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.