Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SA's 1957 Buick Super Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Strange Agent, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

So, it's been a while. Life is tough sometimes, but I'm back on the Buick for a few weeks until I'm out of town for school.

This project has had me depressed for the last while, so I decided to just get out there and see what the deal is. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with the fuse block yet so I decided to put a little bit of the exhaust back on.

I had open manifolds for a while, only turned the car on once with that setup. It sure sounded good, but a bit much for a Buick. I snaked the first sections of exhaust tubing through the frame and bolted it up.

So, I haven't really made any progress really, but I'm thinking about it again. I hope to get some wiring done this week so I can turn the engine on and show you guys what you've been missin'.

2. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I went into town and got some hardware to mount the fuse block. I have a pretty good idea of how I'm going to mount it, so that should be happening tomorrow.

In other news, I put the next section of exhaust back on the car, the piece that contains the primary mufflers. They're largely unsupported so I suppose I'll have to put the rest of the exhaust back on once I get the car in a better spot. I'm holding the ends up with jackstand at the moment.

3. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Hope you get it all figured out.

I'm in a little rut myself, waiting on parts and funds to come in!

4. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Thanks!

The thing that has killed me about this project is that I have most of the parts I need to get it rolling, just haven't put out the effort to get it done. Life keeps me distracted more than it should.

This is my first time doing a project like this, and I have a habit of rushing along and making mistakes that I have to correct later on, so I'm taking my time trying to avoid that.

5. lukey

lukey

Any new updates?

-LUKEY-

6. pozi26

pozi26

Nice car I have a 57 buick special. about to put the front seat back in and I am missing some bracket on the front floor where the bench hooks into? anyone have a pic of what that looks like? bought the car with the interior gutted

thanks

7. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I'm annoyed that I can't get this thing to roll around with how the brakes are. Is this common for Buicks, or even old cars in general?

I have the drums freshly turned, but the brake shoes have a lot of life left on them, but they're so tight I can't get the wheels to spin.

Not so much. I'm away at school, so there's no time or money to play with toys.

I don't remember any brackets on the floor when I took mine out... I believe it was just bolted to the floor.

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The front of the seat slides under the bracket and the back bolts down.
    I don't have any pics of them though. Looked through my album of the build for mine. I can measure them and get some dimensions though.

9. twochops

twochops

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first 3 dr side .last 3 right side

Attached Files:

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

This is the portion that slides into the bracket bolted to the floor.

Attached Files:

11. monkee13

monkee13

I have a 54 special sitting in my garage that I keep saying I will start to work on. Life just keeps getting in the way. This winter.... I WILL work on it..... I hope ....