Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not used to this.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nonstop, Nov 5, 2012.

1. y-oh-y

y-oh-y

The first attention my 60 F100 got was in downtown Red Bluff. My Lady and I were sitting at a light when one of a group of people standing on the corner took off running down the sidewalk. The light turned green and as we drove through the intersection the guy running on the sidewalk turned into the street and stood in the middle of my lane and started waving his arms. I pulled within 50' or so and stopped thinking WTF. He dropped the bag he was carrying and started to pull something out of it, I was just starting to reach under the seat when my Lady said "it's a camera".

It turns out that they were a group of Japanese tourists with a few hours to kill waiting for a greyhound bus. He took a few pics in the street and said thank you. We were in no hurry so we went around the block and met them in the bank parking lot. only one of them spoke english and he translated what must have been 200 questions about the truck, the town, and what our lives were like. Each of them took turns having their pic taken sitting in the truck. The one that spoke english asked if he could start it up, he reved it a few times listening to the sound of the 292 with glasspacks, I thought he was going to cream his jeans right then and there.

It was a nice time for all of us.

The truck continues to get attention, I continue to give the truck attention, it's to the point that my Lady has named the truck Jolene after the Dolly Parton song.

2. upspirate

upspirate

bet most people's uncle had one JUST like it,only it was a 58 ford wagon!!!

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

It's good therapy for when you are having a so so day get the hot rod out and after a few thumbs up, and after a few hey that's cool. My days always start to get better.

4. upspirate

upspirate

One time my ex came out of a grocery store to find two older ladies sitting on the running board of our 29 roadster and explained they were reminiscing about times in a rumble seat!!!

We loved it,although they must have been smaller back then, cause we knew how much room there was in one!!;)

These are the times I value and not going to shows hearing how someone would have built it different!

5. Nonstop

Nonstop
    from CA

If I knew that was the case, i would have used one of the kits when I was 16, instead of waiting until I was 35 to use one!

I am not even going to touch the one about mom kissing me on the lips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

6. pooboy

pooboy
    from SoCal

Man, that was a great story!

7. Instant celebrity!
    I get quite a few stares and waves in our '32. When ya make a gas stop you can almost bet someone will have something to say. Questions and comments. People just walk up and start talking. And most of the folks are quite nice and so curious. It's like being an instant celebrity!

8. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

I remember sitting at a stoplight in my '46 Ford pickup one day and a guy yelling at me through the passenger window " Those Ford trucks are the ugliest trucks Ford made, but you made yours look good"
    Okay thanks smile and wave.

9. Our 50 Chevy Convertible gets lot's of comments like I had one just like that but it was a 4 door. We just smile and reminisce with them. The fact that it brings back good memories for people is enough for us.

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Loved the story, bodi.