Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

And in front of the 59 Eldo a complete 32 Ford tudor sedan...a quality garage ,no doubt...and one of those rewarding smiley days...:eek:;)

Attached Files:

2. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

some neat stuff!

3. sled

sled

thanks Von..i wish every day would be THAT good...as we know it takes lots of efforts to find stuff and sometimes it pays back big time..

4. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Hey Sled,
    Did you get to LaCarrera this year? Next year for the Lucky Taco....If Romney wins.

5. sled

sled

Panheadguy...yep,i would'nt miss it for nothin in the world..so,helpin as usual anybody that speaks no español and there is always a lot to do with the crazy caravan going north,you know that...it has been heavy as usual,a number of cars downhill and two fatalities as well..hardcore!!But that's the Carrera ,man..great new friendships too and really hope to meet you again down here with the Lucky Taco in shape..best to you and gang

6. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Still at it I see...

7. sled

sled

yep,heavily...cant give up the fun,ya know

8. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Slde,
    Well Romney didn't win the election so not sure how the economy and business will react. Do hope to return in 2013 but time will tell. For now vintage racing the TR3 and ice racing will have to do.
    Via con Dios!

9. sled

sled

Guy,you're always welcomed in Mexico havin fun ,you know that
    really hope to see you guys next year no matter how the US economy is...

10. kustomclassics

kustomclassics

What's up with the convertible in the background.

11. sled

sled

kustom..the guy said its not for sale,but im sure he will not restore that convertible...i did not insisted since its not one of my favs,and actually way more interested in the 3w

12. sled

sled

New find...talkin with a pal o mine that has nothin to do with cars in front of his house there is this sedan sitting neglected..it was owned by a lady and it was was her daily driver for many years...she passed over 15 years ago and the rest of the family left it in storage...my pal told me its a Willys...can be 40/41 as far i can see???

Some Willys experts ,please chime in to confirm

im waitin more pics ,especially the frontend to confirm the year...all original car,untouched and all stell of course

13. sled

sled

too bad its a more door....

14. sled

sled

Here we go....

Willys guys,please chime in...what year is exactly???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  15. This is pretty kool. This one is sitting in my garage right now waiting for some attention. Found it on the first page of this thread. [​IMG]

16. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

That is cool, good luck with the project!

17. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

18. sled

sled

Hey Kenneth...ahhhh,one of my first 36 3w that i found in Mexico!!Great memories and actually this one was a pretty solid car...its sure in good hands and im sure it will be done the right way sooner or later.
    Swedes know theier stuff ...

I remember i sold this one and some other cars for the lack of space in Df (Mexico City)..i did had 30 or more cars at that time but storage fees are high here in this huge city..and time flies quick,so i had to sell some of the cars to keep what i most wanted...funny enuff 3w 35/36 Fords are more common than 5W so i sold this one knowing thta i could get more of these...nowadays thinkin back i was right,there are still a number of these around here.luckily for me...have fun with your project and post some pics when you start on here...we love to see it!!!

19. Hi Sled.
    Yeah your right. It is pretty solid and more important it´s complete except for engine and tranny. I have collected some cool parts for it and think I have most of it now so I probably getting at it during this winter. It´s gonna be a late 40:s early 50:s kustom with 40 LaSalle grill, chevy headlights, 1949`331" Caddy and 37 Desoto bumpers.

20. sled

sled

Hey Kenneth...gee,that makes me smile all the way!!!Another great traditional custom along the way...how cool is that??
    Makes me really happy,and that keeps me willing to push on hunting more and more...please,make up a building thread when is the time,we love to see such cool array for great parts put togheter..well tought project!!!!Best of luck

21. sled

sled

Im in the mood....in the same Indian bike garage there were many more cars...one i liked very much was this very nice 41 Caddy coupe...i did'nt had much time to check it out,so i snapped these pics quickly...in any case a real beauty.Will be there soon again to appreciate it more

Attached Files:

22. Thanks Sled. Been thinking of a buildthread but I´m pretty lousy at taking pics of my projects, must getting better at that . I´m sure looking forward to start this build.
    Kenneth.

23. sled

sled

Recently i've seen an ad in a local newspaper for this 32 pickup..was described way better than this..called the guy,set an apointment and went to check out the thing..to discover that i've already been here one night with some other friends over a year ago..guy did nothin at all and came up with some fantasy stories wich i know they were lies cause i know where this car comes from...anyway,he wanted to much money for it and its a full project..
    Beat up 25 louver hood included but i did'nt feel the deal...

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  24. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

This thread is incredible! i just went thru the whole thread man i wish i had a ton of money, i would just love to travel and find cool stuff like all that has been posted wow!

25. sled

sled

26. sled

sled

Ricky..thanks,glad you like it!!
    I try to post only the most interesting stuff..i usually dont show the more door cars except for some interesting cases...
    Love it any minute of it!!!

27. Been following this thread for a while....never posted though.

I grew up on the Mexican border and used to visit all the time....not so much since I left home to join the service. I can throw down the spanish too....without much of an accent, which is pretty good for a white guy.

I'd be interested in the next 28/29 Model A coupe you come across.

Thanks for all the great, entertaining photos and comments.

28. sled

sled

I was delivering a sold Buick 63 Riviera recently in town and when almost there i noticed this cool Chevy Bel Air convertible...made a turn to check it out and the guys there were so cool to show some other stuff in the owner's garage..i like this one,tasty and well done...cool sled,especially lowered a bit!
    The butterly accessory wheel is a neat piece,thou!

Attached Files:

29. sled

sled

Rustyfords,glad you liked the thread...its really great fun for me to live the way i want,not easy thru but sometimes if you really want something you have to sweat hard for it...if you have the spanish here that helps for sure..
    Unfortunately i can see less and less cars in the streets daily...huge difference when i fist came here where cars were sitting abandoned in the steets in DF (Mexico City)...municipality tow trucks take em away if you dont pay the registration..so people store them inside these days,to avoid loosing them....
    In any case there are still lot of stuff in the countryside,especially in some areas...welcome anytime!

30. Sled....I'd LOVE to come hang out.

Never been to the DF...it sounds like a cool place. I assume the best way to get there from Houston is just fly commercial?