Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carrera Panamericana

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by foolthrottle, Oct 22, 2012.

1. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

don't feel to lonely, I have a BGT and TC. You are amongst the kindred.

2. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

One of the more memorable racers I've met was the legendary Dick Anderson, the Carrera shock guy. he had a 54 Lincoln at the Pikes Peak hill climb his Lincoln weighed in at about 2900 lbs this was his Mexican road race car

3. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

The pile of crashed cars remindes me of a spot near Baja Sur where they use all the crashed cars to shore up the hillside. I've driven that stretch in Baja at night with some serious driving lights. The bulls down there love to play tag when it's dark...

4. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

usually when some one tells me about a spot with a lot of crashed cars in Mexico, I say, which one. La Mission comes to mind.

5. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Yes and there's a wine and cheese tasting along the way as well

6. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

One of the fastest cars down there in years past was this one.

Attached Files:

7. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

got any pictures of the cad before and after?

8. Hot-Rod-Garage

Hot-Rod-Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Well, I am back from La Carrera and this was a tough year to say the least, The Caddy was pepared as well as it ever has been and we were Running 4th overall when on Day 2, Pushing hard and an unpredictable road surface caused our Wreck. Pilot and Co-pilot were not hurt but the Caddy didnt fair as well, frame doesnt appear to be bent but measuring and closer inspection will tell, Hayden the owner has a new car planned and he will probaly fix the Caddy after we build the new car.
    Here are a couple of pics after the rescue and a link to our blog with pics at the scene of the crash.

Scroll down on the blog page and watch our run at Pikes Peak this year.

www.usa476.com Jason HRG

Attached Files:

9. sled

sled

Hey Jason..finally seeing some shots of the crashed blue whale..ahh,its not bad as the rumours said..im sure is fixable ..i was thinkin way worse...too bad we could'nt meet anymore after the crash ...and im sure you guys enjoyed the beaches of Huatulco in any case,right??best to you ang the gang bro

10. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff
    from Ontario,ca

I can't find the thread where it mentioned this car but basically it was a hot rod that Miller might have entered in the Carrera and also in Italy maybe in the Mille Miglia or Targa Florio. I saw a letter on some forum from a fellow in Apple Valley or some other place North of Los Angeles where he was restoring the car and I was wondering if anybody knows who that is and what the name of the shop is where the work is being done because I want to do a historical research on the car's history. I knew Ak but never asked him about the car as I didn't know about it then, when I met him he was a Ford performance advisor

11. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I don't know squat about this race but today this showed up in town, heading for the race whenever it is. SBC 0926150933.jpg 0926150934.jpg 0926150943.jpg .