Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Metal Kustoms from Kentucky

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalliatic, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  2. Looks a little on the crude side. Better then I could do myself but it is confused as to what it wants to be.

If the price is right and it is what you want than jump on it.

3. heres a pic of the coupe body

Attached Files:

4. horriible.
    ugly.
    ill-proportioned.

5. click on the link and you can see some prices

Attached Files:

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

for a coupe looks like the roof is too short. likely not much leg room. ask for more pics and dimensions, and share here.

8. the 'coupe' is a 'truck' cab with quarters welded to it.

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Nu-Metal= [​IMG][​IMG]

Old Metal = [​IMG][​IMG]

10. ^^^^ best post of 2012 ^^^^

applause.

11. I've got every slayer cd but i still like the new metal coupe

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

All hazing aside I bet you could find a model A coupe for what he wants for his "coupe body".

He can make any excuse he wants, but that thing looks like cardboard taped together. It looks like he used some brookville pieces too. I'm not trashing the guy, but I dont want to see anybody expect to get a nicely proportioned hot rod out of that. If you dont care what people think, that's fine. But then why not just drive a KIA? People suck, and that body would get laughed at.

13. They look like shit !!!!!!!!!!!

14. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I just looked at the car in your profile. Never in a million years would one of them numetal bodies look as good as what you have now.

15. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I know each to his own but you want be happy in the end.... Go with real coupe body I would prefer the fiberglass body over that box of metal just my 2 cents.

16. it reminds me of something you would see in an old robot sci-fi horror movie

17. Retro61

Retro61

I've seen them in person, don't care for them myself! Too boxey, plus, it's not the real deal!

18. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Rat rod guys would probably go crazy for them. Not so much here.

snakecbaker likes this.
  19. I didnt realize the coupe body is $3000. so more then i origanly thought. he buys the quater panles and puts them on his truck cab

20. The biggest issue with them is they have no curves. The doors are just flat steel.

If you are still wanting one, find out what fits. Windshield frame? Trim around the other windows? I think you are just buying a cheap headache, that you will never be truly happy with.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  21. And that is exactly what it looks like. Even for half the price they look terrible.

22. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

The Hamstars do not approve...

Attached Files:

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

absolutely no talent or imagination went into any of those bodys. I could see putting one in the backyard for the kids to play "HOT ROD" in, but that's about it.

24. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

That Tudor body looks like silver plywood. You need to own more than a shear and a box brake before you try to manufacture bodies.

25. Gator

Gator

What an ugly pile.

26. it looks like there is no way to do side glass and im not sure about windshield or back glass

27. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Think about it this way you can buy one of those for $1500, or look around and find a model a body for $3000, They both are going to take the same amount of parts to make them drivable. but when you are done the model a will have some real value where as the fab body probably won't brig enough to pay for the parts, and you will will wish you would have put a little more into your base project.

28. ArchangelKustom

ArchangelKustom
    from NR/OH

29. Taking the "looks" of those bodies out of the picture, if you have to make your own trim to mount glass and your own ws frame, those can be very time consuming. Now add in that you cant have side windows :rolleyes: