Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy with gray hair.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by t44e6, Nov 4, 2012.

1. t44e6

t44e6

Hey. I've loved cars and things mechanical since I was a kid. Been in the parts / service industry on and off since I was 18. I've been working on old Porsches for the last 10 yrs, mechanical and restoration. I can't afford one, but there is something cool about the old 356 models. Straightforward design, and they were made by hand. They are a blast to drive. I've had some musclecars, and a 47 Dodge pickup with a DeSoto 392 Hemi in it that I traded away for something I don't even remember. Retirement is looming, and I'm looking forward to having time to build something for myself. Tired of helping other people win trophies, time to do something just for me. I am leaning towards finding an old (fill in the blank), setting it down on the frame, and putting a built straight 6 into it and some decent brakes. I also want to get a 70s AMC Hornet Wagon and load it up with Control Freak suspension goodies, a full cage, and a built 258 straight six or maybe a 4.0 liter. Then scare people on track day. I like women, Bourbon, guns, knives, old cars, and I use old tools and appliances around the house when I can. A tube radio in almost every room. Well, that's me.

2. i'm noticing a few gray hairs myself.... one advantage to that is i find that the cops pay no attention to a guy with gray hair in an old car

the amc 258 is a great motor , i had one in a car myself many years ago

and welcome to the hamb

3. Welcome to the site from one Greybeard to another. HRP

4. EARLYHEMIBILL

EARLYHEMIBILL
    from ?

How about something you don't see everyday. How about a slant six?

5. kennkat

kennkat

Welcome from Twain Harte, California

6. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Howdy and welcome from another old fart from georgia

7. t44e6

t44e6

Easier to slip a upright 6 in where it's not supposed to go! Love the Slant 6 though. Had the last year ever Dodge 4x4 pickup with one, 1987. Only options on the truck were sliding rear window and limited slip diff. Refrigerator white, with 90 throbbing horsepower! Top speed about 80-85. Would climb anywhere though, and pull too with that granny first gear. Looked sharp. When it wasn't muddy.