Register now to get rid of these ads!

model a tudor vs coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rockabillyrat, Jan 21, 2010.

1. brandon

brandon

Figure 28/29 coupes and tudors use same door, so.........go from there. Doesnt take too much work to make a coupe roomy. Had guys over 300 and over 6' tall fit easily in my coupe....that being said, same guy fit nicely in my 28 chopped tudor...lol

2. jimbousman

jimbousman

I own a coupe. I bought it in 1963. I paid $195 dollars for it. Everyone told me I was crazy to pay that much when sedans were going for $60 -$70 bucks a pop. But i wanted a coupe. Still have it nearly 50 years later. Glad I bought it.

3. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I've always preferred coupes (I owned a '30 coupe back in the 70s) but this Tudor (Chevy II 4 cylinder power) I saw at the Hot Rod Garage open house on Saturday makes me reconsider

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/48416354@N08/8157697475/" title="20121103_111311 by nomadguy, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. Wanted a 2 dr.sedan since I was in jr. high, finally got one at age 67, channeled but not chopped(yet). Good thing it's a sedan or I wouldn't be able to get in and out of it, but 5 window coupes are cool also if they're high boys and not chopped too much.

5. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I vote coupe.
    But if you like Tudors, definitely go that route...please. Then there will be more coupe parts available for me. ;)

6. mynode

mynode

Here's a rather poor image of a sedan that looks perfect to me. If I built an A it would look a lot like this with better paint.

Attached Files:

7. A Rodder

A Rodder

I have both. I always wanted a coupe. But was able to trade into a tudor about five years ago. With two kids at the time I was very glad that is what I got. But I always wanted a coupe.

Well, more kids meant the tudor wasn't feasable as a family cruiser so I did what any good American would, I searched for two years and got a 56 nine passenger bel air.

The next two years the sedan all but stopped moving. Only rarely did I drive it. Then came the coupe that I got in my avatar. I figured if we all can't fit in the tudor I might as well get a coupe.

Now, I am 6 foot and 215 pounds. In a tudor, if you keep the seats far enough forward to really enable access to the rear, you won't have the leg room you think you will. If the rear seat access is not a concern, naturally you can have as much room as you want.

I actually have way more legroom in the coupe, even chopped, than the tudor. Mainly because I can move the seat way back. I took about 3 inches out of the package tray.

The comment above about the rumble seat is true. If you use it for the kids occasionally that is cool. But it really takes up almost all the room back there.

Alot of guys actually convert them to trunks or just remove the seats. If you channel it or kick the rear up, it gets way worse.

my .02

8. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Either one can be made into a cool hot rod.
    But consider this:
    I bought a Tudor sedan, thinking the back seat would accomodate passengers. It doesn't..... except for small kids or midgets.
    Admittedly, mine's chopped 3.5 inches and has the front seats moved far back for driver legroom, which is excellent. In mine, the back seat is too hard to get in and out of and is small and uncomfortable for most people to ride any distance.
    Also, with a sedan, you give up the security of a trunk for hidden storage. I like the sedan but there are some trade-offs to be considered in choosing. (Overall, roadsters are more fun than either, IMO )

9. Bull

Bull

I'm a Tudor guy myself, but I also own an A Roadster and would love to add an A drag coupe to my stable as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Bull

Bull

Agreed 100%!

11. Tim, guess I should take ya for a ride in my sedan! They are all small when it comes to comfort......;):D

12. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

This is kinda like ask'in the old question, blondes or brunettes, I would'nt throw either one out of bed....... carry on.

13. tjmercury

tjmercury

You are a lot taller than I am though!! Lol

14. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I use to say coupe, coupe, coupe, but now I own one of each.....

15. I like them all. HRP

16. xwing01

xwing01

You hit on some points I wouldn't have considered... I've got a coupe... might want to trade for a sedan