Register now to get rid of these ads!

3RD Annual NJ Hamber's Toys for Tots Hot Rod Get Together

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BIG JOHN 37, Oct 16, 2012.

1. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

Well, It's about that Time again, to start thinkin' about the Holidays, and those in need, and how we can help them. We are about (6) weeks out, from what will be our 3RD Annual NJ Hamber's Toys for Tots Hot Rod Get Together, originally conceived by 40 Street Rod, Wayne's Speed, and myself. The event, and location, are as follows:

Sunday, 12/2/2012 - 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM -
    Wayne's Speed & Auto
    1938 Route 35 North So. Amboy, N.J.
    Store Phone - 732-721-7445

Our first (2) attempts at this have been wildly successful, growing from 75 Cars in Year 1, to 200 cars last Year, with tremendous support from a lot of Hamber's, probably 30-40 of you attended last year. More importantly we collected over 1,000 Toys, for the USMC T4T program, and some very generous Cash Donations. The cash donations are turned over, for use of the purchase of Xmas gifts for the older children who might not be served by the donated Toys. As usual, the USMC will be represented by Gunney Nick D'Andrea, and his Staff in Dress Blues, to receive your donations. We will have Coffee, and Donuts for you, as in the past as well. So please come on out, and support us once again, and remember that this is a Rain, or Shine event, so if it is inclimate and you don't want to drive your "pride and joy" come out in your daily to hang with us and donate to a great cause/program. Looking forward to seeing you all there, and Thanks in advance for your support!

2. WaynesSpeed

WaynesSpeed

For this year I'm putting together a panel jam type auction to go 100% to the Toys for Tots. I've got a couple artists donating pinstriped panels so far and am still on the hunt. So if any of you HAMB artists or art collectors would like to donate something please contact me (Brian 732-925-3135).

3. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

John, this was a great event last year, and for a great cause. I recommend that people come out and make it even larger than last year ! I'll be driving the Ayala/Geisler shop truck this year.

Attached Files:

4. sololobo

sololobo

Bravo! for a great cause, putting a smile on a childs face is a sweet sensation. Good on ya'all. ~sololobo~

5. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last year was Bad Ass. See ya there. NJ represents.
    Slim

6. '65 nova

'65 nova
    from New Jersey

Hey Big John - I've read your post and the replies however, can you give me all the details, info, anecdotes, etc. so that I can blog it on Patch. I write/blog for them and would like to send out the info to our central jersey readers. You can add the info here on HAMB or send me a separate email at - [email protected]

thanks,
    k-mac

7. 29cabby

29cabby

Ill have my old pick up there and want that thing to be filled with toys! I think last year we fill 2 pickups and one milk truck!

8. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I would also like to come and support this good cause.

Plus it's an opportunity for this Pennsy guy to meet some of you Jersey locals.

Unfortunately, I won't be in my recently acquired '32 roadster that day since I'm involved in another long running car meet later that day in New Brunswick and due to my 13 years involvement there, I'll have to be in my non-Hamb'ish other car. Either that or I can tell them to screw it and just bring the '32...hmmmmm

9. thebronc4019

thebronc4019
    from New Jersey

My brother and I will be there for the third time. Let's have some more of that weather we had last year. Was hoping to have the Nash done but that is NOT happening, definately next year!

10. WaynesSpeed

WaynesSpeed

Hey Nick, come on over anything with wheels is welcome.

11. John, I'll be there for sure again this year. This is really a great event for a truly important cause. Two words for HAMBers- BE THERE!!!!!!!

12. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

I'll be there in what ever vehicle is running at the time

13. teddyp

teddyp

hi john i.ll be there this is a great event

14. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Went for the first time last year...gotta go this year! Good show, great cause!

15. teddyp

teddyp

btt for the sunday crew

16. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

just a small part of the toys we collected last year.
    [​IMG]

17. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

18. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

what the last 3 picture say is we all have BIG HEARTS and a BIG THANK YOU once again for last years toys. but let's do it again this year only bigger and better.
    [​IMG]

19. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What Dave and Wayne said...be there.
    Slim

20. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

21. DvlDg29

DvlDg29
    from NJ

Was really looking forward to going to this then realized its my drill weekend. :( So I'll be in DC playing Marine. Good luck with the collection guys.

Semper Fi

22. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

Never heard of it till now, but sounds cool and I see some familiar cars, so it;s a good excuse to bring my car out on my bday.

23. teddyp

teddyp

hi mike
    it,s a good show with a good cause bring the doyle bros out and your new car i like to see it

24. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

Corvette will have to wait till next year still have to do some work before I get it on the road, but If can pull the trigger I may have something else to bring!

Ill try but they dont go anywhere because there cars off the road, if anything im sure Bob n mike and will go

25. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Hey guys great hanging with you this weekend! We will def be down wit toys for tots in a few weeks!

26. were in..... 3 in a row... a good cause

27. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I'm there for sure this year. If the weather is dry I'll be there with the '57. Great seeing a lot of you guys at Jalopyrama this weekend, looking forward to this great event

28. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

One month away, so mark yer calendar... cause Big John said so.
    Slim

29. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

Worked with all my Family, to collect needed items, for distribution to those in need from Hurricane Sandy. Took (3) HUGE Pick up truck Loads of Clothes, Personal Items, Blankets, Pillows, pretty much everything to the Distribution Center at the Firehouse in Union Beach, N.J. Toured the street while trying to find the Firehouse, they had (2), they lost one, and the rescue squad building as well. The devastation, is indescribable. With that in mind, I'm hoping that all will donate to those in need from Sandy, but also to our Toys for Tots Get together because the amount of ruined Toys out on the curb to be tossed in these areas yesterday was unbelievable. So please rededicate yourself to this, and help us make some child's Christmas brighter. Also the event site is in South Amboy, they too were hit very hard by this Storm, there were Marina's that were a half mile away, that are completely gone. Our venue is a little smallish, and will fill up quickly, the South Amboy Police have been great in working with us, so let's see if we can fill up all of the surrounding streets. Please open up your hearts and wallets, with new, unwrapped Toys. Remember, this is a Rain or Shine event, so please if the weather is inclimate, and you don't want to drive your dream, please come out in your daily to support us!

30. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Will be attending to help other that are in dire need