Register now to get rid of these ads!

What have I done....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gromit, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Gromit

Gromit

I sold my last Hamb friendly car a week or so ago and not sure what to do for my next. My daily drivers are 1968 and 1973 vintage, but I'd still like something to make a real hotrod from.

I am looking for ideas from the experienced. I love the look of 30's cars, but to be honest, I'm 48, tall and um.. big boned. Want a car that's going to be reasonably comfortable for cruising with wife and kids (8 and 13) Done a few 40's and 60's cars. looking for something different.

Thoughts?

2. Leakie

Leakie

How about a late 30's ford or Chevy sedan? Lots of room for 4 or 5.

3. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

What about a 50's or 60's station wagon?

4. raidmagic

raidmagic

5. Gromit

Gromit

Just sold the 60's wagon lol Loved it, but interested in something older. Room is the biggie. The only 30's car I ever drove was a Model A Roadster... too hard to drive with my size 13s, Liked the rumble seat though lol...

6. Gromit

Gromit

Those Chevies look cool. If they have the room that might be worth consideration. I do know a guy with a late 30's chev he needs to sell. Never seen it mind you, Comes with a 454 I suppose I could sell to finance it...

7. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

nice 49-51 Ford shoebox sedan or a station wagon same years. Mild flatty, trans of your choice, or a sbf and any trans. Lowered a bit, other custom touches - plenty of room for everyone and a vehicle that will always engender looks of appreciation and second glances from the general public and other car folks.

8. jaydogg1

jaydogg1

Bought a 59 Plymouth Suburban wagon this summer.....lots of room there

9. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

How about an older Chevy Suburban or GMC equivalent? Roomy, functional, cool...at least I like them. Here's a '56

[​IMG]

10. Gromit

Gromit

11. RAG66

RAG66
    from WASHINGTON

Guess my reply. Early Impala....:cool:

12. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Attached Files:

13. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I see nothing but headheaches here. Good luck & let us know what it windsup to be.

14. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My family had, well my parents still have it, a 38 Club coupe and that was big enough for 2 adults and 3 kids to spend days in going to runs interstate. When I bought it off my parents it did me for a daily driver (351C/Toploader/9inch) Orig I beam front. Big enough for me to move from Sydney NSW to Perth WA in and back About 7900km.
    Gave it back to my parents a few years ago and my old man, he is a big fella fits in with no problems and there is even leg room in the back seat area still.
    Fantastic car and I miss it............

Think I'm gonna' go sit in a corner and cry.:(

Doc.

16. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

I had a '40 Ford sedan 2 door when my kids were little. We all had plenty of room. It was a great car, I'd love to have it back. N.N.

17. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

if you like different,how about a 38 lasalle?4dr sedan,pretty roomy &comfy

18. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

How about one of the 'big' GM offerings from the late '30s? My '38 Buick has more than ample room up front for one of my 6' 4"+ friends, granted its a coupe but the sedans have a lot of room in back too. An extra bonus is that any of the Pontiac/Olds/Buick's can be had for pennies compared to a Chevy or Ford, and they make damn nice custom cruisers to boot.

19. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  20. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

If your as big as you lead one to believe, anything older then the mid-late 30s is going to be too narrow for you to be comfortable driving. In my 35 Dodge, the front bucket seats were almost touching, and my wife and I were almost rubbing shoulders, I'm 6'1" and was about 250lbs and my wife is 5'8" and was a little over 100lbs lighter then me at the time. There was a lot of room in the back seat area for the kids though. Gene

21. gwarren007

gwarren007

I like the 1938 pontiacs

22. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, Gromit;

How about a late 39 to '42 Stude 4dr? Sightly different body styles, but at least interesting. I know where there are some. No - not mine, just some friends that have a few too many Studes, & AFAIK, probably would let one go. These would be field-car condition. What condition & about how much $$$ are you looking at? I don't want to get in the middle, but I can ask them, & put you in touch w/them. None are HAMBers, but I trust them to be fair. PM probably best.

Marcus...