Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen hot rod in florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Keep up the faith man you never know!
    Jay

2. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

It'll turn up... Keep your head up.. Eyes are open in every nook and cranny ....

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

David, have your neighbors said they didn't see anything unusual during that period ? I would be going door to door, if you haven't already done that. Sometimes kids will see things that grownups miss, they are just naturally curious.

Don

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Keep yer chin up Bro,

Dam its got to be a drag to be in your shoes

where is this mans car?:mad:

5. thunderplex

thunderplex

6. captmullette

captmullette

the good lord dont like ugly, there's will come

7. Keep sharing this, folks. Not just here, but spread it around Facebook and such. A few months ago, a chopper was stolen in FL, and because of FB, it was recovered a couple weeks later. The more people who know, the more eyes and ears are working to find it.

8. farmer12

farmer12

9. BubbaC

BubbaC
    from FLA

I live in Sanford FL... I will keep an eye out. Sorry to hear about your lose. This is something you don't hear about in these parts to much. I had cars piled up outside my home shop and have never had anything taken... No even a part..

10. tunes

tunes

I'll be on the watch for it here in Missouri, but I'm hoping it's found soon. I followed the build thread on it and was amazed at the all the work that was done. It makes me sick to know that someone stole it.

11. b-bob

b-bob

I open this up every day and go to the last page, hoping to read that the 32 has been found.
    I hope there are some areas of the car that could be identified by the owner even if the car is rebuilt by some thief!
    Keep the word going and hopefuly someone will hear or see something.

12. pitman

pitman

Some of the 'Trad' gear may be parted out, any deals on...spotted? CL or E-bad?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  13. Just checking in to see if there is any good news,,apparently not yet but I got faith that the car WILL find it's way back home. HRP

14. Pushing on two weeks and it's looking a little bleak. I sure hope for good news soon.

15. BISHOP

BISHOP

Something good is bound to happen.

16. slobroy

slobroy

going to a shop/swap meet sun in middle tn. keeping an eye out for ya.

17. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

shared on my fb page,going to the swap meet in Perry Ga. next weekend. will be keeping an eye out for anything that looks firmiliar

18. Car

Car
    from the desert

keeping an eye out here too.

19. hey, i passed this on to my harley restorers group in winter haven florida, these guys ride alot around south west-central florida gulf coast. keep all eyes open. keep looking . it will be too hot to handle if we keep turning up the heat. dermott.

20. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Good luck getting this back, man. My prayers to the Hot Rod Gods usually pay off and I'm sending these via same day angel courier.

21. 32Gnu

32Gnu

BTT for this car.. Think about it everytime I walk out to the garage...
    Hope it turns up ..

22. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

Im a truck driver I'll keep my eyes peeled every where I go. Good luck. Hope they catch the scum bag.

23. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

btt......it's been on my mind to.....

24. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Turkey Run is right around the corner in Daytona, I'm sure everyone attending who knows about this will be looking. Every 32 3 window and every part we see in the swap meet will be double checked, I bet.

How does it work with insurance? (Assuming he has some collector car insurance for agreed value) I mean, how long before the insurer says "Ok, the car is gone, now we are cutting you a check." I'm sure there is a certain amount of time where they are just allowing for the car to be found, but at some point they have to finally settle. Also, what if they settle and the car finally is found ?

Don

25. Model T1

Model T1

Everyday I check in for some good news....Or any news on this car.
    Good questions Don. Sounds like a good NEW thread.

26. Don. Hate to clutter up the thread. Just a idea here. Maybe he could contact Chick ( barebones32) As we all probably know, Chick has been thru this and would know the inside story on payoff, etc. It varies greatly depending on coverage and wording. I got the feeling that Chick's was about as good as it could be. Conversely, a friend in Wenatchee, Wa. who owned one of two roadsters taken at the same place as Chick's went through a real fight over a long period of time and wasn't real pleased with the end results. His was supposedly a full value policy. It all seems to depend on the carrier and small print. I've called my insurer and they say the full monte. Yeh .. right. I hope I never have to find out.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  27. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I'm going to print out a color photo of the missing rod and take it with me to Daytona. Gary

28. ClintsToys

ClintsToys

Will also be at turkey rod run with eyes open.

29. Note to thief: The best idea for you would be to leave the car at the end of the block were you found it... It is not necessary to go to any trouble wiping anything off that you have touched, you have done enough already and have a nice day.

30. 51FordCoupe

51FordCoupe
    from NOVA

This pisses me off. I despise thieves who steal another man's hard work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.