Register now to get rid of these ads!

How long before no one cares about what we love?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Aug 17, 2010.

1. jimbousman

jimbousman

Go to the average car show and look at all the old duffers like me and you might be inclined to say it's an old man's sport. I used to think that everything was turning to muscle cars and tuners. That was until I went to shows like Hunderd Car Pileup and Cheater's show in Milwaukee. There I saw tons of young guys and couples heavily involved in hot rodding. Admittedly their taste tend more toward rat rodding then hot rodding or street rodding but as all of us have seen, the sport as we know it has evolved steadily over the years. While I'm not a huge fan of rat rodding, but I have to admit their cars are much closer to the low tech cars that started the whole hotting thing. They might not be the shiny black Deuce roadster we all consider the holy grail but the interest on hopping up old car lives on in others.

2. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

I just dont want our youth to grow up and look back thinking a lowered honda accord was a cool car!!!:(

3. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

My question is, why does it matter to you?

i can extrapolate and say what if every man, besides yourself, turned gay and lost complete interest in women? Why would this matter to you?

4. This is a no-brainer. Most of these cars are worth a small fortune. If you have someone worthy of liquidable assets, same as anything else, don't be selfish. Sell before you die. You're the only one that knows how much its worth to get the most for your family. Hotrodding will go on without us just fine.

5. It matters to me because I would like to see this hobby survive. If you would have read my whole original post (which I'm guessing you didn't) you would have seen my question about " passing the torch". So I'll ask you again: What are you doing to pass the torch?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  6. I know of one guy that forgets within one year...

7. Yep, they have to be worthy of the gift and many are not.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How long? Not 'til the end of time. This question has been asked for decades. It may become something that a narrower cross-section of people are interested in...as it already has...but it isn't going away. There are still folks that are into any and all that's come before us...cars from their inception, horse-drawn buggies, steam-powered trains, medieval weapons, stone-age tools, etc.

And even though it's not our preference...make no mistake...there'll come a time, (if mankind lasts long enough) when any gas-powered car will become collectible...even a 1985 4-door Chevy Cavalier.

9. I hear those '85 4 dr Cavaliers are pretty rare since the "cash 4 clunkers" campaign took 'em all....