Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take back Central AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tri-Powerguy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Not to take away from getting central back in our posession, but this is the largest thread with the most local group of like minded people who may be open to another get together location on a non conflicting night with any other auto related event in the state.

Tuesday nights at Glendale drive in on 55th ave and bethany home it is $4.50 per adult.

I was thinking we could pack the drive in with some cool cars and have a good time during the week so we dont have to wait so long for the weekend fun. We can work out details later as to what movie the vast majority chooses or maybe just stick to the newest release or if enough of us show up they might notice the incline in revenue and just possibly take requests with enough notice.

2. ^ Sounds like a great idea. I go up to that drive-in for the swap meets every couple of weeks during the winter. I'd really be in to some stuff like this on "school nights". We have the 3rd Thursday thing, but, that's just one day a month. Count me in.

3. May try to stop by after I get done at Speedworld.

4. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'm gonna miss this week fellas... I'm either going to ruin, or partially ruin the truck tomorrow.

If anybody needs me, I'll be in the driveway sanding and/or drilling.

5. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Whats going on with the truck there Buddy, I have a friend bringing a real nice Fairlane down. One of the originals that you were talking to Nick, that said he had been coming down for a long time. Real nice car. Be easy on the truck Bro and have a good week guys, and for the others I will be there.

6. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

This little project is going faster than I expected. If I make it tonight, keep your fingers outta the wet paint.

7. '59DaddyO

'59DaddyO

Man I used to cruise Central every Friday and Saturday night, uber good times!!! Are you guys cruising both nights or just Saturday night? I remember the Hot Rods used to hang at the Burger King!

8. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Just Saturday night at this point, yes those nights were good times and we are trying to bring them back. Come and join, I see it says Colorado but if you are in town we meet at McDonalds 6:30ish on Saturday night. Hopefully McDonalds will get full and we can spill over into Burger king and fill up there. We all work together we can do it, and have those good times back

9. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Do you have any pics of the truck Nick

10. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Yes I do.... Need to get off my ass and put the hood back on, but I still have some time until Saturday.

[​IMG]

11. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Wow alright did you get the hood louvered or just painted, Looks good Bro.

12. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

That thing didnt burn to the ground yet??

13. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Fire free for at least a month now!

14. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

It would help if ya hooked the battery back up!!!!! :eek:

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nope, I can tell you the hood isn't louvered yet. That's cause the idiot that owns the louver press has promised for almost a year solid and every time it gets to a point that it looks like it's time to do it and a date is set, always seems to have more business than he knows how to do on that particular day. Damn bastard, I hate that guy and so should you! Sorry Nick. Just don't paint it too well.

16. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Maybe I did get it louvered? Ok... So no, it's still black waiting on Chip "the story teller" Quinn to punch it. Ha ha ha.

17. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

LMAO Chip " the story teller " Quinn Funny, still looks good Buddy. Speaking of stories I thought I might see a couple about cruising a long time ago, come on story teller LoL.
    You guys have a great week, see you all Saturday.

18. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

I should be there. have to go out to the Pavillions for a club meeting early evening, but should be back in time.

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Stories... Let's see. We'll start with uplifting and life affirming, 'cause that's the way the world took a turn on Tuesday (Blah!).... So in the mid eighties, cruising North Central and cruising South Central were two completely different things. And I mean COMPLETELY different things. The lowrider clubs held sway on the south side, an like it or not many had gang ties. We always stayed north, and did our thing and didn't dare venture down south unless purposely trying to look for trouble (and yes, there were those times!). Every now and then a low rider would show on the north side, usually get threatened by a giant lifted 4X4 type group (cowboy types) and roll back south. Such was life.

We were all at the Central ave Mcdonalds one Saturday night doin' the social thing with the V-dubs and just basically hanging out, when a full on hydrauliced Monte comes rolling with the lifts cranked sky high and a couple of tough looking characters doing their best to look bad. As they rolled past profiling they were speaking loudly in Spanish and doing the head bob thing, when the driver hit the dumps... This thing went crashing down to earth, dragged everything for about 5 feet then stopped cold, little bitty tires spinning aimlessly at the rear. Never seen such a pair of worried looking bad guys in my life. About ten of us walked up to the car and these two looked like they were bracing for the fight of their lives. "What's up", I said. The two kinda went back and forth in Spanish, then the mood kinda lightened a touch and the driver said, "somethings wrong, it won't go back up". They thought they were going to get and ass kicking for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, when in reality we all dove in and helped figure out the wiring that fried and got the thing up enough to for them to drive back home. After that, our little cell of VW weirdos were very cordially invited to the southside to hang with their club any time we wanted - and we did!

South side back then was a blast 'cause the lowrider folk treated cruising as dress up date night kinda stuff and it was all about style. Lotsa beautiful women and parties. We reciprocated and made everybody comfortable up on our end as well. Damn good time to hang around and get a look at the other end of the cuture... Like I said, sickeningly uplifting!

20. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

Nice to see we can all get along! Hope it can also work in this day and age.

21. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Went to Central High. When it was football season, Central never played South Mountain High at South Mountain. All games were at Central. Must of been some kind of race thing,,,Anyways, me & a bunch of friends were hanging out at the north entrance of Centrals football field one evening before a game started. In off of 7th street, a 63 Chev 4 door belair came in,,, big time lowrider, nasty metallic green. looked like it was put on with a brush. Had chrome reverse wheels. 6 big black guys in the car. They went up & over the first speed bump right at the field entrance. Promptly got hung up on the speed bump. All 4 doors flew open & 6 guys got out & were trying to lift up on the fenders & bumpers to get it off the speed bump. I started laughing my ass off at the sight. Next thing I knew, I spent the rest of the night at the game trying to avoid the guys in the car. They were looking for me!!!

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Southwest Nostalgia Nats tomorrow gang! Speed world...

23. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

I agree about getting along Cool. I grew up in south Phoenix and had a lot of Low Rider Buddies, and being into Hot Rods we still all got along. It must have been the common bond ( Cars ). To everybody reading this Hot Rods, Low Riders, Trucks, Bikes, whatever come on down Central Saturday night lets all have a good time.

24. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Well whats up guys, anybody going to be on Central Saturday night. Chevy only show on Indianschool turned out pretty good, I really enjoyed walking around there. I hope to see you all Saturday night guys. Have a good one.

25. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

May be there. Going for a hike up in new River in the AM.

26. ^yup, going to have to pass on Central this week. Most any other weekend I'll be there though!

27. For those without a calander, saturday night this week should be relocated from central ave to industrial chassis for a great time to be had by all.

28. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Really nice time at the Industrial chassis party. Looks like a real nice place to have work on your Hot Rod, I seen some mighty fine work being done there.

29. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Who's rolling through this week?