Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Gone!

We'll help everyone rebuild. We have the technology!

Attached Files:

2. We are. Busy helping friends. Too many stories, memories. For some reason we have no Internet. Just texts and this hamb app. Hahaa, crazy

3. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

WOW.....All in one month.

From the race......to Sandy

4. I'm going to bed. But I'll say this... Military in the streets, houses on fire, crazy. We are waiting to get onto Lbi. My family house is cooler then every car I've ever owned. I'll b the 1st in that island to make sure nobody steals my family treasure. Oh well. We can't replace but we can rebuild.

5. lorodz

lorodz

wow ..unreal what this storm did. and it was a small one at that thank god everyone is ok, things are replacable/rebuildable..

6. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

havent posted photos of the even right after the race i was doing wedding flowers for a fellow Hamber .. then came sandy , i've been helping out my family the best i can being now 3 hours away . provided them with generators hot showers and meals . i will be helping out more collecting things and shipping them out to friends in NJ to take to shelters . NJ is strong and will rebuild , Mel i hope the house is ok in LBI my friend had access yesterday with the national guard, there is a lot of shady shit going on and i hope the house is ok .
    Here is a little photo i hope inspires , Kids helping out a great event the hot rods and motorcycles needed boards to get to the beach to race.

[​IMG]

7. Muttley

Muttley

Has anyone heard from Bruce Lancaster? He lives in Milburn New Jersey and hasnt logged on here since the 26th.

8. repoman

repoman

I am back on the grid since yesterday. I had sailboats on my street, in front of my house -being looted @7AM.
    I made a run to Delaware in the wife's Subaru to bring back four generators that I could find the second day. It's a nice luxury to have something that gets 30mpg in the driveway at times like these!
    They are running a telethon on NBC that has some righteous footage of what happened here. Catch it if you can.
    I was really lucky. I live a block off the Raritan Bay/Arthur Kill. Everywhere I look, everyone I'm near, not so much.
    There are lines for gas that are hours long. The whole shoreline has been re-carved. Cell service is intermittent, but mostly non-existent.

Muttley, I don't know Bruce offline.

9. Muttley

Muttley

He bought something from me last week. I'm holding off on shipping because I'm not sure if the postal service is operational in his area and if it gets lost or damaged it isnt replaceable. Hope everyone back there comes through this (relatively) unscathed.

10. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

To all of my friends in the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut area are prayers are with you and your families that you are safe.

Tommy D, Jim Ray, Teddy P and others please known I are thinking about you.

Jimbo

11. I was out on Indian today. I feel like Snake, Escape from NY! Wow is it crazy here. Can't wait to see u all at some races! No street lights yet, so I be a racing! Good luck everyone.

12. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I just got power back.. hope you get back on your feet soon Mel! I heard people are taking boats out to LBI and stealing shit from the houses.. Marshall Law!

13. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

14. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

The Allenhurst boardwalk where the cars were parked.

[​IMG]

Beach looks fast...

15. Damn, like many others I leaned against that rail, watching the cars come up off the beach....and perhaps more disconcerting, I used the bathroom where that pile of rubble is.

And yes, the beach looks damn fast!

Mel, I'm enjoying picturing you blasting around the neighborhoods like a post apocalyptic gladiator....hope you're wearing shoes though....

16. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

Im in point pleasant the hole area is messed up might be another week till get power they say but my family is ok

17. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

Hey mel how is 10th ave

18. Sweet! Just left on my Indian. Brake pedal got stuck. Jumped a curb, almost killed two broads, cut between two pillars, avoided a brick wall. Kept the tire side down!

Attached Files:

19. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

OUch!!! glad you kept it upright and kept the damage minimal, although a wheel for an antique Indian probably isn;t easy to come by.

20. lorodz

lorodz

jesus dare devil. thank god you are in one piece.

21. custom_lettering

custom_lettering
    from Wall, NJ

The old sand in the brake pedal trick. Hummm where that sand come from.

22. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Hey folks, back online finally, just minor inconvience of no power and internet, we faired well in Freehold. Just a bunch of trees and lines down.

Glad to see everyone made it thru. I just cant believe the devastation and how mother nature ahs redesigned the Jersey Shore beaches

23. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

Back to work in a week my company is sending equipment to loch arbor to help

24. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

I am so sorry for what NJ is going thru....We live in Bucks county PA., we lost power Monday and are still without power. Our area was hit pretty bad as far a large old trees falling and destroying homes. I know not as bad as the shore areas. I am posting from work.
    But, I think about the wonderful day in October that we drove our car down to Allenhurst, sat on the beach and saw our friends...and it helps. Hope everyone is ok and I pray the Noreaster coming will not cause anymore damage.
    De

25. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

The guy crashing reminds me of the Cuban brother who ate it at the ROG!! The other pic is Daytona, 1948.. We will be back!! rebuild, and race!

Attached Files:

26. Muttley

Muttley

I heard from Bruce via PM this afternoon, he was without power for a week but is doing ok now.

27. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Bruce had some posts on the "Barn" yesterday.

28. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

I'm glad you Jersey Hambers are OK. Talked with my dad and he and his house are fine, but no power.

Man did Seaside get hammered! I used to work on the boardwalk and spent a lot of evenings there at the ChatterBox and other places.

Gone, Gone ,Gone:(

29. And then it snowed! That is my 29 roadster under that limb. Looks ok a 5 am in the dark

Attached Files:

30. Enough with the weather. I did get interviewed for Hot Rod Magazine a day ago. Looks like there will also be a piece in Dice magazine too. Nice!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012