Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 5 Year Search Ends...Hallelujah!! Praise The Lordz!!!....spam...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bgbdlinc, Nov 2, 2012.

1. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

So I'm trolling through cities on CL when quite by accident I come across one of those 'Jaxed' sites and it's amazing. I've been looking everywhere for a '49 Cadillac upper grille bar for 5 years. Been on the phone to wrecking yards, trolled a certain famous auction site, passed the word, done it all. Most of the stuff I did find was either damaged, completely rusted out, and/or unrealistically priced. Some CL people won't ship outside the US, same with the famous auction site. The wreckers I talked to wouldn't send pics.
    I need this upper grill bar to finish the grille on my custom '46 Lincoln and it's killing me....

[​IMG]

The grille bar needs to be shortened and massaged into place to eliminate the toothy gap between the hood and the modified grille.
    The jaxed site brought up a bunch of stuff from all over the US. Some had been removed, expired, etc. One seller indicated that there were some grilles and pieces available. The user name didn't mean anything but the location of "110 Freeway/Slauson" rang a bell. Didn't know where or how I remembered that but it was related to the LA area.
    Emailed and asked about availability, condition, shipping, etc.
    Some guy named Jesse said he had one in good shape, no dents, no rust, and the price.
    I called and I'll be God Damned if it wasn't Jesse Castillo of the LORDZ of KUSTOMZ -holy shit!
    In no time at all the deal was done, paid for, and went into the mail a day or two later. I just about pissed myself waiting for it. It came from Jesse's 'Gold Mine' (HAMB thread) and it is spectacular.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So here's a shout-out of thanks to Jesse and great service. Looking for bits and pieces for your custom, look no further. Hallelujah!! Praise the LORDZ!!!!!

2. RC Kid

RC Kid
    from Alabama

3. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

This is one happy Canadian! :)
    J

4. mailerguy1

mailerguy1

Congratulations on a nice score

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Praise the lowered! (hope we don't get hit by lightening...lol)

Glad you got your upper lip back. The Caddy looks cool.

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

7. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I'm Very happy that you got the part you've been looking for ,for five years ...

I really hope it works out for ya !

I Do wish you had rejoiced and showed how wonderfully happy it made you feel in a better way then GD-ing it ...
    I know its not a big thing to you or a lot of other people, no disrespect ! But with the
    title to the thread it just threw me off......

8. williebill

williebill

Always feels good to find that one piece that doesn't seem to exist.. Your Lincoln is badass, I love those cars.

9. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Ditto

10. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So now we have the religion police on the H.A.M.B.? C'mon guys, lighten up; the guy is just happy to find a part. I've never had a problem with over-exuberance.

11. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...thanks tubman....
    It should be obvious to most readers that I was simply using the English language to express some surprise in honest talk that is one of the admirable elements of this great board. In addition, I wanted to give recognition to Jesse Castillo and the Lordz of Kustomz for great service as happens daily on the HAMB.
    By bringing this thread back to the top twice, the concerned readers have helped me achieve this more than I could have imagined. Thanks for your help guys....no offence

12. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

bgbdlinc<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_8319367", true); </SCRIPT> & tubman

Good to hear that my comment helped benefit your expressing your thanks.

So heres another BTTT for an extra round of pats on the back.

Oh another thing ,I never considered myself as the H.A.M.B religion police ,BUT I'll take that Title just fine ...Thank You....

No offense taken...BTW !

13. bgbdlinc, it was a pleasure to help you out, when in need just ask the lordz.. and you will be blessed..your Lincoln is looking really good nice to know that we could help you with your long search.. and thank you for the spam.. i always enjoy good spam.. did the shirt fit?
    keep us posted on your project...and guys yes we have lots of parts..yours truly LORDZ OF KUSTOMZ

14. Good for you.

Next time someone won't ship to you have them ship to me that solves one part of the equation. I'll ship to you no problem.

15. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

Jesse -you're the best thanks again. I'm afraid the shirt does not fit (I'm not that big but well on the way). When you get another order together, I'll buy a couple Large....they are very cool....

beaner....thank you so much for the offer, I'll keep it in mind if I have a problem again....

16. Great news David!

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

Awesome news ! I have alot of respect for Jessie for what he does, this just increased it some more ,congrats!!

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

Don't bad mouth the auction site too much, I've found hard to find parts on there I couldn't find elsewhere.

19. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Good deal finding it! I bet it feels great. Now, get it on there!

20. so you got a near pristine part that your now gonna cut up to make it fit your car? i dont understand

i can understand looking for along time to find something and being happy thrilled ect when you finnally get it why couldnt you use a slightly damaged one? either way its gonna need re chromed

if it took you that long to find it i would imagine someone whos restoring a 49 caddy has been looking just as long and now there will be one less nice one in the world for him to get ahold of

it would be different if the part was being mass reproduced but they arent making new parts for caddys

21. sololobo

sololobo

Good things come to good people! Must be why my luck is on the down low. ~sololobo~

22. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

So right, Help out a poor restorer, save it for someone elsa, search for 5 more years.

Not so much!
    Chop it up!

23. I believe they call it customizing.

Hell yeah, Dave. Looks sweet.

24. williebill

williebill

Huh ?

I don't always cut up rare stuff to fufill my personal fantasies,
    but when I do,
    I prefer to cut up really really nice rare stuff

25. Looking forward to seeing it done Dave. It's one cool Linc. :)

To quote the HAMB's own zman: "First off it's some silly STOCK crap. Modify that bitch, this isn't some restorer site regardless of year."

lordz of kuztomz likes this.
  26. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

....well, Jesse knew exactly what I was talking about. He looked for three years for a piece for a customers car (custom Caddy grille/parking light) and was really excited when he found it.
    As for me going through mental anguish for the restorer -pooh pooh! Over the years I've been beaten out of a few pieces by well-funded restorers. I'll think about their screams of indignation for about a nanosecond when I lower the spinning chop saw blade.
    BTW -for little me, chroming is out of the question....

lordz of kuztomz likes this.
  27. What's that I hear? The sound of power tools and crying restorers... :D

28. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

..hahaha... I learned that the first hurdle to get over when you're into customs, is that nothing is sacred and precious (not even your pride). In addition, people at shows (restorers, etc), swap meets, cruises, automatically assume that I started with a pristine, rare car. Nothing could be further from the truth. I started with a stripped shell and a rotten, butchered chassis, saw potential and ran with it.....

29. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

Cool..I picked up a cherry 59' hood from Jesse @ lordz..I had been looking all over for one..I got it for a good price too..that grille bar looks to be in great shape..

30. lol...why are you chopping that perfect looking car.??. BECAUSE I CAN.. this is his car, his money..if a collector wants a good piece of trim give them my # and ill help them out if i can.... but for now let bgbdlinc enjoy his..chop it up bro..