Register now to get rid of these ads!

all the way from saskatchewan Canada

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by rockinr783, Nov 1, 2012.

1. rockinr783

rockinr783

Hey everyone, I browsed this page and it is awesome. Looks like lots of great people and great ideas. I am starting on my second project, my first was my grandpas 1965 ford f-100 farm truck which I pretty much restored back to original state. I picked up a 1962 pontiac strato chief which is a pretty cool car, had been towed in my the city and no one claimed it so they put it up for tender. I was the only one that put in a bid on it and got it for $100. I put a few dollars into it and it runs very well, its not super pretty but it is absoutly complete right down to all 4 hubcaps and the glass antifreeze bottle under the hood. But I am still more of a pickup man, so this past july my wonderful wife acquired a 1946 chevy truck that I had my eye on and I am currently working on seeing if I can make the origional engine run or not. I am not keeping that engine but I find it fun seeing if I can make a 66 year old engine that hasn't run for atleast 15 years go again. My hope for this project is to make a real nice driver regardless of looks, I want something I am not scared to drive cause it might get scrached. I want to get a good solid drivetrain under this truck and leave the body almost as-is with the exception of a few small cosmetics. There is so much metal in the body that I don't think it will ever rust out, so I guess it is going to have a rat rod feel but a daily driver. Thats my story, Happy tinkering!!!

2. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Welcome from Central Ca, on your 46 you may want to consider upgrading to a newer inline, say 250 or 292 , along with the trans and rear, since you have a closed driveline,:cool::cool:
    if you ever have any questions about your truck, parts or where to get them, you can pm me.
    good luck with your truck,

3. toolman1967

toolman1967

Welcome from Southern Illinois. Novadude and I and a LOT of other members have the 41 thru 46 Chevrolet trucks. You will find a bunch of help here if you stay away from the rat rod references, they are NOT appreciated here. Rusty original looking vehicles are great but "Rat Rods" are a entirely different creature. Good luck on the truck and I agree that you are going to want to upgrade the original engine, they do not have pressurized oiling systems. Have fun getting it running but definitely upgrade if you plan on actually driving the truck on the highway.

Tim the Toolman

4. I can't believe you said the R word.........................

5. kennkat

kennkat

Welcome from Twain Harte, Ca

6. BAJ

BAJ
    from Ontario

Welcome from Ontario

7. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

I helped my brother sell a nice 38 Chevy Sedan a few years ago that ended up your way.

Attached Files:

• 381.JPG
      381.JPG
      File size:
      245.5 KB
      Views:
  8. rockinr783

rockinr783

haha sorry about the "R" word. I guess I am looking for an untouched original look. I defiantly plan on upgrading this drive train, I really like the whole s-10 frame swap. I am scouring the local area here in Saskatchewan for an older s10 sitting in someones back yard. I have a 350 4bolt main engine that came out of a 1975 chev truck so that is going to be my power then an automatic trans and a different rear end. These are my hopes and dreams. I talked to the original owner of this truck and he said it has not run since 1966 and they have robbed a few parts off it. There is no battery cables or coil, the keys are also gone. I like a challenge so we are going to tinker with the old engine just to see if we can get it running. With no key, we hooked up a wire to the positive post of the battery and ran it to the negative post on the coil and guess what, we have spark. hopefully the timing is close and next time I get to work on it get a good supply of gas to it and maybe it will run. Should be a fun project!

9. rockinr783

rockinr783

Raymay, thats a nice looking car. But sadly I can't say that I have seen it.

10. Bashnscratch

Bashnscratch

Welcome from a fellow Saskatchewanian..

Bash

11. canadianal

canadianal
    from canada

Theres lots of us Northern grasshoppers lurking on here, welcome from waldeck Sask.

AL

12. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Welcome from B.C.!

13. welcome from md.

14. Welcome from B.C.:)

15. 1947Caddy

1947Caddy

Welcome from Victoria, BC. I think I may have just sold my 46 one ton. Go to White City east of Regina and find the Truck Boneyard. Lots of Chev, GM and Maple Leaf truck parts there.
    Gotta bunch of trim parts if you are interested.

16. MBog

MBog

First the R word then the S10 thing, lol, welcome from BC (Bring Cash)

17. welcome aboard ....

18. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC!