Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colorado FNG (kinda)

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by X-Farmboy, Nov 2, 2012.

1. X-Farmboy

X-Farmboy

Figured I better get this done before I get my ass chewed somewhere on here (thought I had, but nooo!). Been mostly lurking for a few years and love this board.

I'm in the Durango, CO area and have been into anything with wheels for 40+ yrs. Have made it to Bonneville Speedweek for the last 6 yrs. and have wanted to build a trad rod for a while. So, recently I got the opportunity to drag home one of the three 41-46 Chev PU's that I grew up with on our farm in Montana. The one I have is a '46 3/4 ton, and is the truck I learned to drive in, so I'm pretty excited to have it.

My plan is for a warmed-over 235 and up-dated running gear, but keeping it drum brakes. Definately NO PAINT! (Been there, done that, ain't going back). Gotta be a good driver, rust and patina is good. Looking for a cam and all the usual banger bolt-on speed parts... I'll be working on it all Winter to hopefully have it on the road next Summer.

Happy to be here,
    Daryl

2. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome---kinda. How the hell have you been here this long and made several posts without getting reamed? :confused:
    You did good. Good luck fixing up the family truck. I'm sure it has special memories and will create more.

3. Howdy from Durango.

4. Chopperrides

Chopperrides

Welcome, Colorado Springs here! Let me know if I can be of assistance.