Register now to get rid of these ads!

1940 Ford Business mans coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brownieandthemerc, Oct 30, 2012.

1. brownieandthemerc

brownieandthemerc
    from ontario

Hi there
    Just aquired a 40 ford business mans coupe, the floor, rockers, bottom of the pillars were cut out when i got it. With it came new rockers,quarterpanel bottoms, floor and tunnel kit. I guess what I need to know is the proper location of the rocker panels, where the frame mounts are, (are there four in the front cowl area ahead of the door, and are they level with each other)I do not have a frame as of yet, the car came with universal 2x3 frame rails, a four link rear clip (prostreet) which I am not sure yet if I am going to use and a TCI front mustang 2 proper for the 40 Ford. I have found on the net some frame dimensions, but not sure where the frame mounts are. If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated

2. metal man

metal man

No one can just tell you the answers to your questions. I suggest you first get a solid,straight frame (good original or reproduction). Use the frame,fenders, and running boards and mock it all up at the same time.

Square up the body with the doors,trunk,fenders fitted and build your rockers and floors to fit.

3. metal man

metal man

The whole thing is a system. The splash aprons and running boards bolt to the frame. The fenders bolt to the splash aprons and the running boards and the body. When you put all the pieces together, they will tell you where the rockers and floors belong.

4. brownieandthemerc

brownieandthemerc
    from ontario

ok thanks guys, that is kinda what I thought maybe I should be doing, now I know I will be doing it