Register now to get rid of these ads!

40 PU , I hate body work !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34hemipu, Nov 1, 2012.

1. 34hemipu

34hemipu

I 'm posting a couple of my ford , thought it was better condition when I bought it . That evil sand blaster ! I bought some repo floor and patch panels . It had me concerned as to where and how to start . I got the entire floor thinking " how hard can this be ?" Well all I can say is now I've gained abit more hotrod knowledge and still gaining ! I used to like to weld , my hat is off to all you metal men you don't charge enough , Ha Ha ! I'm using the Camaro T5 thats why the shifter is back , got a bench seat hurst stick for it . 350 sbc , 9 inch . 354 Chrysler sitting in the corner screaming my name though , I'm trying to resist but I can't believe how close in size ( other than width ) they are . Length and motor mounts are within an inch . But , man the cost difference , excuses , excuses . It would be sweet with that Hemi though . Naw , I need to do the Chev its the easy button , but ,,,,,,,, Dang !

Mike

Attached Files:

2. servi53

servi53

go hemi or go home

3. williebill

williebill

You're not gonna use a Chevy,you've already done this dance... I should have bought your other truck years ago, it was a blast to drive. I did get rid of that g/f.though,the one who couldn't understand why I drove to Michigan to look at your truck,and thought I should remodel my kitchen instead.

4. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

They always look better, when you buy 'em.........Usually until the metal stripper does it's thing..... The metal guys aren't underpaid,...LOL....But worth it, if the original tin wasn't salvageable !

HAPPY RODDIN' 4TTRUK

5. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

That don't look like no Willys...

6. 34hemipu

34hemipu

Good eye Randy !

7. 34hemipu

34hemipu

Williebill ! Well , like I was thinking back then , you can't drive a kitchen !

8. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

Your truck is looking good. To me seems like the metal work on my 46 ford p/u took forever. Then I go and buy a model a sedan that is even worse. I must be a gluten for punishment. We'll see what I buy next time. It is all worth it in the end.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012